Pics of Ground Blinds

NY Region 3 Trapper

Opening day stand.

post-11-0-28293700-1353707246_thumb.jpg all set up and still waiting ... lol

post-11-0-42761300-1353707277_thumb.jpg left downhill

post-11-0-78505100-1353707313_thumb.jpg right, downhill

post-11-0-99489600-1353707343_thumb.jpg

View uphill behind me. That's where I shot my buck last year.

None of these pictures really show how steep that area is. The camera tends to flatten everything out.

In the third picture, one thing that is not too obvious is the far hill across the valley. It is kind of faded out, but that is where most of the few shots that I heard were coming from. It is kind of interesting to listen to the shots and try to pic out exactly where they came from. It's amazing the mental games you come up with to keep yourself entertained .... lol.

Our house is down at the base of the hill.

Also in the first picture you can see the empty shotgun shell that took my deer last year stuck on a branch stub of one of the stand logs. He came down the hill from behind me. It's usually a great stand, and I have taken quite a few deer from just about every direction there over the years. I have to be looking all the time and in every direction. Wind direction doesn't mean a whole lot there because they come in from any and all directions. Unfortunately this year it was pretty quiet and no one was moving the deer the way they usually do.

Sure is comfy, as you can tell by the stool, thermos and big bag full of my famous fried egg sandwiches ..... lol. No way for a deer to sneak up on you. And gun rests on three sides. I build these things for all day hunts so comfort and convenience are important.

• Like 2