Crossbows in 2013

bkln

sorry if i dont want all the pumpkin 870 toting cigarette smoking yee-haws i see during gun season messing up my bow season. You can call it an elitest attitude all you want, but because bow hunting is difficult the numbers are much smaller than gun and those that do bowhunt are generally truly dedicated. Listen, your gun season is 4 weeks long followed by a week of muzzleloader. there is no reason to throw in a piece of equipment that autococks with a scope into the bow season. and all you recurve/longbow fools can suck a fat one too. You know your argument is pitiful as a compound still takes many hours and years to truly master. Hunt all you want over your bait pile out of your redneck blind with your buckcommander crossbow during the regular season. Then please post pictures of your doe on here proclaiming to all you dont care and that you're a meat hunter.

/rant

I'm trying to figure out who you DIDN'T offend with your rant here? Having a hard time though. LOL

• Like 1

sorry if i dont want all the pumpkin 870 toting cigarette smoking yee-haws i see during gun season messing up my bow season. You can call it an elitest attitude all you want, but because bow hunting is difficult the numbers are much smaller than gun and those that do bowhunt are generally truly dedicated. Listen, your gun season is 4 weeks long followed by a week of muzzleloader. there is no reason to throw in a piece of equipment that autococks with a scope into the bow season. and all you recurve/longbow fools can suck a fat one too. You know your argument is pitiful as a compound still takes many hours and years to truly master. Hunt all you want over your bait pile out of your redneck blind with your buckcommander crossbow during the regular season. Then please post pictures of your doe on here proclaiming to all you dont care and that you're a meat hunter.

/rant

You didnt answer any of my questions.

I don't care what you say. Hunting from the ground (no blind) with a crossbow is just as "hard" as hunting from a treestand with your Mathews. If you don't want people "messing up YOUR bow season", then get a good enough job where you can buy your own piece of property and don't let others on it!

• Like 2

You didnt answer any of my questions.

I don't care what you say. Hunting from the ground (no blind) with a crossbow is just as "hard" as hunting from a treestand with your Mathews. If you don't want people "messing up YOUR bow season", then get a good enough job where you can buy your own piece of property and don't let others on it!

i agree! this guy is starting to irritate me. Edited by tughillhunter

/rant

hey there fella, think u should becareful what u say. thats pretty offensive. u some sort of master hunter yourself?

Belo is 29. Im going to say he has probably hunted less than 10 deer seasons in NY and never hunted outside of the state. He has probably killed less than 5 different species of game in his life and never shot a deer over 130".

Nothing wrong with any of the above, unless you are claiming to be the best hunter on this forum.

or long bow?

Nope do have a Bear Archery Super Kodiak though.

i think they should make it a legal implement to hunt anything any time that's already legal and be done with it. i will say that most i've seen shoot a crossbow can't hit much of anything. they are an advantage over a bow. it's not fair comparing my recurve bow with my $2k compound bow either.

/rant

So no on the recurve or longbow?

That's OK. No problem at all with someone using an easier weapon to learn :spiteful:

awww please ban me for bringing some debate to this site. i didn't know i had to start threads to be a contributing member. Look at my posts in a month. You want a popular forum you need people like me. I'm hear to debate and kill time and I'm bound to ruffle some feathers, but please read all my posts and realize i've already helped some out with advice and congratulated many on deer. Did you see my post in the thread about prayer?

let me answer some questions.

1. All I hunt is private land that family members or that I own myself (yes at the age of 29 I own some chunks of land) does that stick in your craw? Does it bother you I have a white collar job and I'm successful and I hunt ethically and I'm picky at what I shoot?

2. No matter how much land you own you'll have neighbors. Mine currently in 2 spots hunt the hell out of the woods during gun. But they're lazy and all I would need is crossbow season for them to start screwing up my bow season.

3. I have killed turkey, coyote, fox, squirrel, pheasant, chipmunk, duck, goose, deer, woodchuck, racoon, rabbit, crow and other bird but you're right never outside the state. got me their. I'm a n00b.

4. you dont have to like me. not hear to make friends. it's the internet. I'm hear to debate, discuss and learn about hunting. i dont think you need to waste server space letting me know that I bug you. I dont care.

5. I'm not alone as an anti-crossbow advocate. There's a whole organization that I belong to that is against it. I'm finding this board however is very sensitive and touchy feely whenever someone disagrees with another. hush hush children. dont debate anything that may involve others getting upset on the internet...

6. Finally, what I said is only offensive if you are in fact a fat pumpkin cigarette smoking yee-haw. If you're not; why are you offended? And if you smoke or you're fat you're a burden on our health care system. Guess what? I'm a type 1 diabetic. Have been since 5. Is my leg amputated? Am I in and out of the hospital? No. I take care of myself just like all you should and learn to shoot a compound.

Edited by Belo

So no on the recurve or longbow?

That's OK. No problem at all with someone using an easier weapon to learn :spiteful:

i am not against a late season crossbow. I do not however agree that a crossbow that autococks, has a trigger and a scope should be allowed during bow season. I mean with your logic... why do we even have seasons? Lets just shoot whatever we want from 10/1 to 11/18 every year right?

/rant

Did you even graduate grade school or are you just a natural simpleton.

Your 29, doesn't impress me, i was 27 with 274 acres of my own.. not family property. A compound bow with release and sights can be learned very quickly, obiously it doesn't take years as your 29... learn a long bow 150lb pull, no let off, or how about keeping the powder dry in a flintlock in the middle of a hurricane?. the group you belong to is selfish, a crossbow will not ruin any season, or are you that bad a hunter you don't know how to hunt pressure? lots of people here hunt stateland big woods and wilderness and are very sucessful. A young guy like you should learn som humilitey and step back listen, watch, and learn!! I'm still learning and hope to my whole life! The game belongs to the state all game sorry thats the way it is...

Edited by G-Man

i am not against a late season crossbow. I do not however agree that a crossbow that autococks, has a trigger and a scope should be allowed during bow season. I mean with your logic... why do we even have seasons? Lets just shoot whatever we want from 10/1 to 11/18 every year right?

I think there should be 2 seasons only.

Bow season for all bows - compounds and crossbows are bows.

Gun season for all guns - mz are guns.

• Like 1

"1. All I hunt is private land that family members or that I own myself (yes at the age of 29 I own some chunks of land) does that stick in your craw? Does it bother you I have a white collar job and I'm successful and I hunt ethically and I'm picky at what I shoot?"

If this was directed at me all I can do is laugh. If people are "messing up" your land, then I guess your land isn't quite big enough.

If I wanted to own land where you live, I could. I choose not to.

I too work in white collar. I took am very successful. White-collar, blue-collar, stripper, etc. many people on this forum do pretty well for themselves. You are nothing special I am sure of it.

ps- I'm only 28, so I guess that makes me better than you, right?

• Like 1

Let's start a pool. I give him two more weeks.

Why? I haven't broken any forum rules. I have attacked nobody personally, yet all the members below have attacked me personally. Way too many serious people here. This is not me in real life. It's the internet. It's a playground and we're debating and having fun. And Bubba... you can keep your prescription pills, all I need for sanity is some alone time in a tree or to hold my baby boy.

Did you even graduate grade school or are you just a natural simpleton.

Belo

Is that organization you failed to name.....by any chance PETA??

i have a thing i will say, that coud get me in trouble, so i wont say it. But, it has to do with a bar room, a white collar, and it getting put somewhere he may or may not like. Sorry moderators, but this guy irritates me.

You are nothing special I am sure of it.

haters4.jpg

Edited by Belo