My dads first deer, and its a GIANT!!!!

Hunting3m

My dad got into hunting because of me. As a youth i need someone to take me. He now is going out when im at school and he never thought he would. We went upstate with family for gun opener and the opining morning we hiked the 2 miles uphill to the public land. Noon he shoots this monster. It weighs 187, is 21 inch inside spread, shot in ulster county,30-06, 5 years old (barely any teeth), a 7 POiNTER!!!, and i cant fit my fingers around the base of the antlers. Here he is:

post-2356-0-33797000-1353695510_thumb.jp

post-2356-0-08264500-1353695525_thumb.jp

• Like 3

WOW, beautiful deer, where in Ulster ? I hunt there too,(big indian, oliveria, phoenicia, pine hill) and you can find these monsters way back as you eluded to your 2 mile hike.... if you want to work for them they are there and on state land, I have seen many a deer like that taken off state land in that area.

Thank you guys, yes he is very happy. Its the 3d biggest deer anyone has killed in our family at camp in the 50 years thry have been going. I am hunting in oliverea. I am almost positive its right off oliverea road. The drag wasnt that bad mostly all downhill but worse than the 2 mile hike uphill! Thanks everyone B)