How did you do this weekend?

First-light

out of 3 of us yesterday no one saw a thing. We hunted from first light till 1230. Today was a wash. High winds and rain. Frustrating because I saw a lot of bucks during bow (got one) and still getting a lot on trail cams. One last hurrah on Tue. I guess. Good luck.

I had a chance at a nice buck on Friday morning. But it was not a chip shot and he had a doe standing directly behind him. I choose to wait for a better (more ethical) shot opportunity, but it never came. TODAY I was pissed. the local dirbags on the adjoining property were having a field day. I never heard such rapid fire out of a muzzleloaders in my life! Will be heading out tomorrow, my final day of a long memorable season.

What park was this?My friend took a swing and a miss at a doe saturday morning.Have no idea how he missed her.We followed the way she went and he saw her go into a patch of woods at a single posted sign so we went right over to there on her tracks across the pasture and he never touched her.He was absolutely sure he nailed her but it was a total miss.I never saw a hair.I will try and get out tomorrow PM and Tuesday PM.

Edited by MACHINIST

We had 8 guys at our camp in 9P this weekend. We did a bunch of state land drives. We tend to do more of a slow still hunt push. FYI, I know a lot frown upon deer drives. However, we ARE NOT rock heads that take crappy shots at running deer.

Anyway, we did drives all day and didnt see any deer until the last drive where we got a do and a slammer buck. Buck was glued to a small doe. He's busted off on the one side at the G2, which is a shame. I'll post pics later.

Edited by kirch

12doe_zps3b1d82cd.jpg

Shot this doe Saturday around 4:30 pm. She came out into a soybean foodplot with 3 other deer. Had a very rough season. No shots at mature bucks (Passed on 10 young bucks between bow and gun) and killed one other doe with a rifle opening day. I was elated to take this deer! And it was the first deer with my new TC omega. It was a 90 yard shot she was quartering to me just a bit, took her right behind the shoulder and took out one lung and the liver. Great way to wrap up the season with a great friend! congrats to everyone who had luck this year! Time to start prep for next year!

• Like 2

Guest Buckzone1

I hunted 8T and 8P friday, saturday and sunday and didn't see anything. I got some doe on the camera, all moving at night. I hunted finger lakes national forest today and didnt see anything. I heard a few shots