We've been smokin...

them fuzzies. I know a lot of you been interested in our adventures rabbit hunting with my hawk this year so here's a little update. Moka has been having an amazing year so far. We are up to 23 rabbits for the season with 4 doubles. Finally getting our first snow so it'll only get better from here on out.

Here's a few pics from our latest outings

DSC_5365_zps0136fe4e.jpg

DSC_5303.jpg

DSC_5305_zpsf2b1673e.jpg

DSC_5320_zpsa978e147.jpg

DSC_5316_zpsdd873fa2.jpg

DSC_5342_zps5b3ee4c8.jpg

DSC_5358_zpsab8d53b5.jpg

DSC_5297.jpg

Got a new Canon video camera, still working on getting some good vids of her in action. Here's a couple , hope to get some better ones on Xmas eve when we get out again.

http://youtu.be/eiXYhE5fec4

Take care

Dave

Thanks guys.

Jeremy - I'm sure she would go after a cat if she seen one. I'm always cautious about taking her near houses just because of that.

Nyslowhand - I'll hunt with her until the end of March. I'm still deciding if I'll let her go or intermew her and hunt with her again next year.

If I get any good videos of her over the holidays I'll be sure to post them up.

Merry Xmas everyone.

This is great to see. My granddad who passed last year was a NYS falconer for over 30 years. He had numerous red-tails, a few coopers, harris, kestrels and a few goshawks. They are a sight to behold and some of my fondest childhood memories were with gramps while my brother and I would flush the bunnies for em'. He took on many aprentices, including our local(region7) ECO. The newsletters from NYSFA called "hawkchalk" and "musenews" still come in the mail addressed to him so I keep them. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by PREDATE
  • Like 1