Post some old photos of yourself and deer !

Nomad

I never cared for Fords but we got a lot of good years out of that car . I couldn't find a pic of a deer on the Chevette that we had .

As for the sleeping bag in one of the pics , I got it from the Marine Corps and used it in my stand in the woods when it was sub zero weather . I was able to handle the freezing weather using it plus it was handy to prop up a deer's head for pictures .

Interesting choice in hunting coat, if you stiil have it can i borrow it for the Mrs. ?

OK wise guy, I'll peruse EBay and see if I can find one. IIRC I sold it to the Marlboro Man..............

<<grin>>

BTW, that pic was probably two weeks after I killed him as I kept cruising around showing him off!! <<grin>>

I remember that deer like it was yesterday. I haven't been near the tree (if it is still standing) in 25 years but I KNOW I could walk to it in a flash. Hunted those woods for a few years after then a change in ownership got me booted. Hunted in the same general area but never from the same tree again. The remnants of the wooden stand still linger I'd think.

Good times.

• Like 2

This is me and my daughter back when I was hunting with my buddies when we used to get the does out of the way. My daughter thought it was cool and wanted to climb inside the cavity. Of course we didn't let her, but it was funny.

post-935-0-11104200-1356316891_thumb.jpg

Edited by moose

Beautiful buck, Jennifer ! It appears you made a perfect shot on him, too..

Thank you, that means a lot to me. I clipped the top of his heart off, and it was as if someone went through the woods with buckets of red paint. I photoshopped some of the blood out of this photo because the owner of the old Empire Hunting site wanted to put it on the front page but didn't want it to be terribly bloody. The buck still managed to run 60-ish yards, which always impressed me.

I think he is very beautiful, and though I regret I didn't have the money to get a mount, I'll cherish photos and his memory!

It's a real treat to see all the other photos here. I think the memories of these hunts are more amazing than the kills.

I love these threads. I posted a bunch of old pics awhile ago and I don't remember if they were on this site or not. Here are some of the ones I have:

My Dad's 10pt from 1979

Dads10pt.jpg

My first buck ever - shotgun kill on NY StateLand (1990 or 1991)

MyFirstDeer4pt.jpg

2nd guy from left was my grandfather whom I never met. He passed in 1969 so this pic was pre 1969. Him and some buddies after a successful rabbit hunt.

GrandpaZ.jpg

• Like 2

Pygmy sent me over some pics of him with some deer from the past, and I told him Id post them with the related stories for him. Here they are...

This picture was taken in 1981. That's my 1978 Ford pickup. The buck on the left in the picture has a party permit leg band on it..That was back when DMPs were good for either sex and we often used them as a second buck tag. Gun was a 20 gauge Rem 1100 skeet gun with an old El Paso Weaver K1.5 X.. Ammo was either Super X 5/8 oz rifled slugs or Fiochhi brennekes. Cant remember when I switched to the Brennekes.

1981_zps9ab8b297.jpg

Taken on state land in 2000 or 2001..Heaviest buck I ever shot. Dressed 175 and won me the big buck contest at the Campbell Legion that year..Shot with 12 Gauge 1100, fully rifled cantilever barrel, old El Paso K 2.5 scope and Winchester 2 3/4" standard velocity BRI sabot slug.

Pinnacle_zpsa99d2124.jpg

Mud Dozer buck..10 point dressed 158 without an ounce of fat on him on Dec 18 1994.

TC Hawken .50 cal with 90 grains of pyrodex and PRB.

MLBuck_zps6efcf760.jpg

WNYBuckhunter...Thanks for the help posting the pictures..

Lawdwaz...Charley Bronson was hiding behind my truck..He tried to get into the picture and I punched him right in the KNEE !! <<grin>>..

A couple tough 'ol buggers, you & Charlie. Now that I think of it, he DOES walk with a limp.................

Interesting choice in hunting coat, if you stiil have it can i borrow it for the Mrs. ?

Hey!! I had a coat just like that, but mine was blue corduroy with the same white trim.. In fact it still might be in my mothers attic. Them were in style!!

I decided to go through the old albums...Thanks!...lots of good memories...some things I'd forgotten...

Not many hunting pics though...hhhmmm I know I put them some where...but here's a couple...the gang at camp..early 80's...me and doe at camp 80'.s...SIL& GFIL with the two does us girls got...and a 94 6pt I got at home

grand father in-law...he was the one that in his late 80's broke his neck....came down to camp and hunted in a body brace...we would drive him to the upper field place him in a chair and he'd sit out there and wait for the deer to show up...I'm not sure but I believe he got a buck that year...I know A deer

The doe with sister in-law...I used a borrowed 20ga and she took my browning neither of us had ever shot......the airport had "lost" her Remington...the guys drove the deer to us....I shot and 20 scattered...then she shot...the guys found me really up set for I thought I'd missed and at close range....she took 110yrds shot and thought she'd missed....we looked for blood found non..then the mail man backed down the road and said hey...there's a big dead deer up here....I'd aim at largest doe and hit her high...told SIL she'd better take one of the guys and double check her shot...found her doe in the dogwood 20yrds from the hit...That's the special delivery doe...lol

Here is my first racked buck. Shot in 1989 on public land. My grandfather, my moms dad, is on far left he was my mentor and the best man I ever met, he passed on many years ago. I would love to have a couple more hunts with him. The next is my father whom never hunted until his 20's and the guy on the left taught him to hunt as well when he married my mom. Then scruffy me and my uncle on the right. I can remember that day like it was yesterday!! That drag was a killer, I shot him 3/4 ways down a mountain and we had to drag him back over!

89buck3_zps05bae45a.jpg

• Like 1