Either stand with us or get out of the way

Mr V, you are SOOOOOO RIGHT!

We have a problem in the gun owner community. We have those who understand the Second Amendment (you are one), and we have the ones who would sacrifice some of their freedoms afforded by the Second Amendment. All too often, I hear deer hunters who may only own a muzzleloader and shotgun, and trap and skeet shooters say:"Why do you need a 30 round magazine? Why do you need an AR15?" These types form our own circular firing squad within the gun community.

NY gun owners, are THE most apathetic bunch of gun owner I have ever seen. I will bet that many hunters and shotgunners on this site had no clue whatsoever, that a couple of years back the 50 Caliber ban initially proposed by Schneiderman when he was in the Senate, would have included muzzleloaders and all shotguns. These same people who say :"Why do you need a 30 round magazine? Why do you need an AR15?" were saying "Why do you need a 50 caliber rifle? I see no problem banning them."

These type of gun owners will need to flush out their headgear, and understand what is happening around them. WE ALL STAND TOGETHER, OR WE WILL ALL HANG SEPARATELY! When gun owners agree to any kind of bans, they give another inch to the radicals to take away what they themselves own. Wake up people.

Read this: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

I saw this one recently on another gun forum, and I would apply this to any gun owner who is not 100% on board: "If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

-Samuel Adams

• Like 2

It seems you think Im speaking out against owning an AR 15. No Just the opposite. I just have interest in other types of firearms. And spend my dollars on different stuff.

Nope! I'm just agreeing with your reply and building on it a bit.

I find the nature of this post disturbing: Who in hell thinks they can propose such a challenge? I would not join a church...would not join a political party...why in hell would I choose to stand with you? Grow up...The world is full of differing opinions; That's a good thing!

• Like 1

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

lets look at the amendment, it is for the people to protect themselves from the government if there is reason to. I would love to see you go up against an H&K 416 with a remington 870 pump...good luck amigo i have given eulogies before let me know the basics and ill put something good together for you dopes.

I find the nature of this post disturbing: Who in hell thinks they can propose such a challenge? I would not join a church...would not join a political party...why in hell would I choose to stand with you? Grow up...The world is full of differing opinions; That's a good thing!

Ok, so you're disturbed. Maybe it's time to "get out of the way" ...... lol. By the way, sorry to hear about your "loner" tendencies. :D

New York state has some of the stiffest gun regs in the country and there are plenty of nut jobs running around. I own many firearms from handguns to 50cal. None have 30 round mags as a matter of fact most hold less then 7rounds, I understand give them an inch they will take a mile concept .. BUT!!!! The folks in Washington DC are not going to rest till something is done if limiting the amount a mag can hold will calm things down then I am ok with that.

• Like 1

New York state has some of the stiffest gun regs in the country and there are plenty of nut jobs running around. I own many firearms from handguns to 50cal. None have 30 round mags as a matter of fact most hold less then 7rounds, I understand give them an inch they will take a mile concept .. BUT!!!! The folks in Washington DC are not going to rest till something is done if limiting the amount a mag can hold will calm things down then I am ok with that.

I don't believe there has ever been a case where a policy of appeasement has ever worked on anything or anybody. Why would anyone seriously think that magazine limits would ever stop (or even slow) their march toward gun confiscation. Think about that for a minute.

This is not a time for running in circles, wringing our hands, and cowering in the corner, begging the anti-gunners for mercy. This is a time to stand united both politically and personally. Unless you are personally sold on the idea that hi-cap clips are the cause for gun violence and thoroughly believe that banning them will have some meaningful effect, then handing them over is something less than an honest approach to curbing gun violence. In fact it boils down to simply giving away theh rights of other so that losing your own will be slightly delayed. Don't let the fact that you do not personally own one make you eager to give away someone else's. I don't own one of these modern sporting arms that they are calling assault rifles, but I will defend the rights of law abiding citizens to own them. I understand the realities that go along with the fact that when I am done giving away everyone else's guns and accessories and rights, I and my guns will then very quickly become the focus.

• Like 1

Adequately arm ourselves to potentially take on our own military? Really? The absurdity of that is hysterical.

The fact of the matter is, that most military members would side with the people. The military is STILL overwhelmingly conservative, and would not go against the people that own guns. I know a lot of Army guys-who are still in, from my time in service. They absolutely despise the left, and would have absolutely no problem joining the pro gun citizens. They are sworn to defend the Constitution, against ALL enemies, foreign, and DOMESTIC. The government, and the military, are totally different things. Quite frankly, there is not a lot of love for the current government in the military.

• Like 2

In fact it boils down to simply giving away the rights of other so that losing your own will be slightly delayed. Don't let the fact that you do not personally own one make you eager to give away someone else's. I don't own one of these modern sporting arms that they are calling assault rifles, but I will defend the rights of law abiding citizens to own them. I understand the realities that go along with the fact that when I am done giving away everyone else's guns and accessories and rights, I and my guns will then very quickly become the focus.

AMEN bro!!! i would not see the need for 30 round mags cause i dont have any but i would STRONGLY be against banning them for that very reason

The fact of the matter is, that most military members would side with the people. The military is STILL overwhelmingly conservative, and would not go against the people that own guns. I know a lot of Army guys-who are still in, from my time in service. They absolutely despise the left, and would have absolutely no problem joining the pro gun citizens. They are sworn to defend the Constitution, against ALL enemies, foreign, and DOMESTIC. The government, and the military, are totally different things. Quite frankly, there is not a lot of love for the current government in the military.

I don't think I've ever met a military personnel or vet who isn't pro-gun. It's also why I think a repeat of Nazi Germany is not as likely.

• Like 1

WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO BARE ARMS, ITS UP TO POLITICIANS ON WHAT ONES WE CAN, Thats all, Arguing amongst are selves isn't going to change that, Voting into office people that have are best interests in mind is the only way to change it, So when it comes time to vote remember that, And vote for who best represents who you are and get rid of some of these politicians who can give two shits about anything other than their own bottom line,

Hmmm....Does no one remember the Kent State incident? Military and police "follow orders" whether in Nazi Germany, occupied France, or HERE! Never forget this! (Note: If you suggest this is untrue....Then why worry about the govt. taking our guns? The military and/or the police are the only govt. agencies that could take them. Think about it!)

Banning 30 round mags is like banning Corvettes. Who needs a car that is capale of going more than 70 MPH? The law limits your max speed on the highway. Maybe we need to START BANNING FAST CARS, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY KILL MORE AMERICANS EVERY YEAR THAN ALL OF AMERICA'S FIREARMS DO.

Who needs a 30 round mag? Someone who misses a lot.