AR 15 Scares intruders away,Rochester N.Y.

We only got good press because a pro gun cop leaked the crime report to a pro gun radio host.....

Last week two Uof R students were victims of a home invasion, top news story.

Then Two R.I.T students used and AR 15 and a high cap. 9mm to stop 2 guys coming up their basement stairs w/ a handgun in hand, although it turned out to be a BB gun I heard.

The RPD which tweets everything, and calls the news in everything, said NOTHING this time, no press, no warning to college kids "HEY YOU MAYBE TARGETED " nothing, till it was leaked .

The Chief kept it hushed up, till he was outed.....

Edited by Larry302

Were the suspects caught? As far as I have heard, the RPD Chief said it was "probably a bb gun". I havent heard that the gun was recovered or anyone caught in connection.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me in that situation. As long as it was a gun or carried the realistic similarity, the intruder runs the risk.

Intruder is still in the house and the owner has no egress, even in NY.

• Like 2

Then Two R.I.T students used an AR 15 and a high cap. 9mm to stop 2 guys coming up their basement stairs w/ a handgun in hand, although it turned out to be a BB gun I heard.

Even if it's true that it was a BB gun (and I haven't heard that verified in fact last I heard they hadn't even caught the guys or found the weapon), the AR 15 was unloaded. So I guess they are even ...... lol.

• Like 1

Personally, it doesn't matter to me in that situation. As long as it was a gun or carried the realistic similarity, the intruder runs the risk.

Intruder is still in the house and the owner has no egress, even in NY.

I agree it doesnt matter, but it goes to show the BS that spews from the mouth of the Police Chief.

• Like 1

Some police Chiefs in college towns, tend to down play on campus violence as much as they can. There is pressure from the college big wigs and the mayors. Who want$ to $end their kid$ to a $chool that i$ known for being in a high crime area? $$$$$

Some police Chiefs in college towns, tend to down play on campus violence as much as they can. There is pressure from the college big wigs and the mayors. Who want$ to $end their kid$ to a $chool that i$ known for being in a high crime area? $$$$$

Exactly it's all about money. We have suicides at SUNY Binghamton that never make the paper. My hunting buddy's girlfriend works at the hospital and has told me of these incidents.

Exactly it's all about money. We have suicides at SUNY Binghamton that never make the paper. My hunting buddy's girlfriend works at the hospital and has told me of these incidents.

Don't even get me started on Syracuse University........ Mums the word...

Even if it's true that it was a BB gun (and I haven't heard that verified in fact last I heard they hadn't even caught the guys or found the weapon), the AR 15 was unloaded. So I guess they are even ...... lol.

How much you want to bet that the AR will remain loaded from now on?

Ants,this happened off campus.These students lived in the city of Rochester,however R.I.T. is located in Henrietta- a suburb of Rochester.

a pump shotgun is at times the best home defense gun... you can make a lot of noise that doesn't sound good to another person breaking into your home. good to hear it ended well.

It is true that the sound of a pump shotgun in the dark has got to send the fear of God through any burglar and probably would send a crook diving through the nearest window no matter how many stories up he was ..... lol. However, let's change scenarios to 3 or 4 armed intruders engaged in a home invasion. Maybe add in a condition of being sky-high on drugs into the situation. At that point, I would guess I would want the AR-15 with the highest capacity clip I could stuff into it.

Tough call, but I think I would go with the 12 ga. At close range (with in 15-20 feet) the most hyped up, drugged out assailant (s) is going down with a blast of 12 gauge anything to the chest. I saw a guy shot with a 12g a. #7 1/2 rabbit & squirrel load at about 10 feet. It looked like a slug went through him. A high cap. AR is a good defense gun too. Its just a personal preference.

I saw the news report where the police reported "that it turns out the intruder appeared to have a BB gun".

If they didn't catch the guy, how on earth would they know that? Or was the idiot police chief just trying to set something up where it was possible it could be argued a real gun could have been used to kill when it was not warranted. Show me the BB gun or report it as is... an intruder yielding a weapon.

I would love to walk up to the police chief while he is off duty and find a way to have him show me his 7 rounds in HIS off duty gun. I know several cops off duty carrying 10+1 and as I understand it that is as illegal as us with 10+1.