Three Superbowl Commercials I Was Proud to See

CharlieNY

Watched the Superbowl last night, and of course the commercials. For the first time I was proud to see some good commercials. The three I am referring to are the Jeep Welcome Home Heroes commercial, the Dodge Ram God Made a Farmer commercial, and the Budweiser Clydesdale commercial. If you did not catch them, you can view them online on several websites. I am sure you will be glad you viewed them. Just be forewarned, you may want to have some tissues handy as they will probably bring tears to your eyes.

There were some GREAT commercials this year... I was watching the game all by my lonesome and I laughed out loud at several of them.

They made up for the last couple of years, when the commercials were mediocre at best.

Heckuva GAME, too !

Just too bad the Jeep one was narrated by that slime bag Oprah Winfrey. Otherwise it was a good commercial.

Its ok if she's a slime bag,I would date her for her money bags lol.I'm just kidding about her being a slimebag,I think she is very pretty and sure is a fine lady. Edited by Dom

Oh all the ppl to voice over she would not have been my pick...there area so many more ppl out there with distinctive soulful voice that would have done that spot the justice it deserved.....Dodge and Budweiser brought a tear to my eyes..loved them

(sp)

Edited by growalot

Ok i just watched some of the ads. I did not like the Oreo or the milk one. I like goats so i liked just the goat.

The coke one good. Prom one was pretty cool. The Bud one was good, my right eye got a bit moist. lol so i do get it Growie. I think it was Oprah voice that made me not like the Jeep ad.

The best one for me was Dodge, God made a farmer. That was great!

I like the God Made A Farmer commercial the best by far.

The guy folding clothes in the laundry mat was funny.

Dikembe Mutombo Geico commercial was also funny.

I thought the Jamaican white guy Volkswagon commercial was funny too but a few people thought it was offensive.

I have a few more to see that people have talked about. I must have missed a bunch, but what I did see of them, they were pretty mediocre at best. The M&Ms one was ok, Doritios goat was alright, I hated the Budweiser horse thing, the GoDaddy one was messed up at first, but hilarious when I rewound it and watched again. Maybe it was watching the expressions on everyones face that hadnt seen it the first time that was funny. The VW one was annoying, I thought the one they did during the pregame was better, with the Youtube video people.

I am also no fan of Oprah's politics, but can disregard that for what was a great commercial which recognized and honored our men and women in the military. As the father of a son who served 1 year in combat in Afghanistan in the U.S. Army, I had no problem with Oprah's narration. I judged the commercial on its' content and message, not on the messenger, and thought it was very well done.

I heard that Bloomberg bought a spot and was supposed to blab about anti-2A stuff. Did anybody see it? Because i did not.

Yeah it was supposed to have clips of Wayne Lapierre "supporting background checks" from years ago. Basically clips taken out of context propaganda. I didn't see it but was waiting to see how much bull sh!t Bloomberg payed to spread.

I heard that Bloomberg bought a spot and was supposed to blab about anti-2A stuff. Did anybody see it? Because i did not.

The Mayor's anti-gun add only ran during 1/2 time in the Washington DC area. Aimed at legislatures watching the game.

From what I heard, Bloomberg footed the bill for the ad. NYC taxpayer's money....?

The Mayor's anti-gun add only ran during 1/2 time in the Washington DC area. Aimed at legislatures watching the game.

From what I heard, Bloomberg footed the bill for the ad. NYC taxpayer's money....?

Bloomberg has a net worth of 25 billion. He makes 1 dollar a year as mayor. Probably his own money.

Got to throw a monkey wrench in here. I'm just not seeing what the rest of u are on the Jeep and Dodge commercials. It goes to show that Chrysler, Fiat, will use any means possible, to promote their product.

so are you saying that you like Oprah voice for jeep and you don't like the dodge commercial?

Yeah right, LOL. Shes does the same thing that Chyrsler, Fiat just did. Their is just one goal for either of them, make money. Appeal to our fine Military service men and women to buy jeeps. Appeal to the American farmer to but pickup trucks.

They are a business, of course they want to make money. To think otherwise is just silly. Both commercials did show respect to people that deserve it though. Better than just having some other nonsense.