Possible GOOD news....

The only time 2nd amendment was challanged that i remember was in 2003? washington dc tried to ban handguns , supreme court shot it down... Doesn't anyone else get the feeling with all these counties jumping on board, not to mention lawsuits popping up, the attorneys know they have a winning case, no due process, and 2nd amendment rights..?? I can see the polititians now , i led the fight to repeal the gun law.. when the whole time its a non- legal law?

The only time 2nd amendment was challanged that i remember was in 2003? washington dc tried to ban handguns , supreme court shot it down... Doesn't anyone else get the feeling with all these counties jumping on board, not to mention lawsuits popping up, the attorneys know they have a winning case, no due process, and 2nd amendment rights..?? I can see the polititians now , i led the fight to repeal the gun law.. when the whole time its a non- legal law?

I think there is defiantly some loop holes in this Bill, without say... From the way things sounded when it first passed behind closed doors, the impression i got was that Cuomo COULD pass the law without consent from the proper channels or powers that be. Atleast thats how things were made out to be when this all came into fruition. I think NOW, that more and more people are looking into their rights and what the law states they are starting to see that there is a case here and that possibly a winning one at that.

i wouldnt jump on the band wagon and say that this is a winning case "forsure" but i think we have a chance. what scares me is the fact that politicians are weaseling their way around our rights and disregarding the very bill of rights that founded this country and they are making headway on it, that scares me! so i can not say everything is fine and fighting a winning battle. The changes that have affected us since the reelections are monumental, ones i never thought i would see in this life time.

The risk is here is a loss by the pro 2A lawyers.

We certainly need to go down this road as the only other option, a political reversal via a regime change in Albany, won't happen.

But, trust me, if the legal system challenges fail, and this one seems to be THE one that will get the fight going, its not going to get any better for us in NY.

I think I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cuomo doesn't have a battery of lawyers busily writing up an alternate law just in case their current law does get shot down. It probably will be introduced the same day that the court renders it's decision. The only thing is that I would guess that the next vote may go a lot different than this midnight raid on the Constitution did.

I wouldnt get too excited even if this does go to court. This is New York and I bet that Cuomo has the courts under control using that idiot Bloomberg's $$$$$

They already know it is unconstitutional and will do no good. They dont care!! The King has spoken and that is it, in their minds.

The entire government is corrupt and it's all about the money and the power.

The best we can hope for is a modification of the law as it states if any part of the law is found unconstitutoinal, the rest of it remains unchanged. That basically makes repeal of the law out of the question.

Does anyone know if the 1993 Rochester assault weapons ban was ever heard by the court??

• 2 weeks later...