Another Mass Shooting...upstate NY this time.

phade

My wife calls me on the unit today to tell me this crap is going on just doors down from her brother's house, and business, in Mohawk.  It was bad enough that a few months ago, the almost same scenario played out in Webster, a couple miles as the crow flies, from my daughter's house.

So then I tell my wife how it seems this goof might actually identify with the guy in Webster, based on the similarity in his actions. She in turn looks up on the web and low and behold tells me over the phone, "holy smoke they look just like each other". Has any one else looked at the pictures of these guys and compared their likeness, side by side. Eerie!

God bless these poor guys...  Such a shame. 

Cuomo is a joke, agree totally ants! 

Ban on shotguns next...  Then handguns, LONG range rifles, then lever actions or anything capable of holding more than one round because who needs more than that... They can ban water if they want.  I should not give them any ideas.  Wonder how many more kids will be arrested for making a toy gun out of food this year...  Great laws we have they help us so much so far... How is the soda ban going?  We really need to get politicians in office who will help us all out, like getting a lower price on fuel oil and gas would help the entire society out...   But they think taxing a extra 4 + dollars on cigarettes helps out?  Just seems to me like logic has left the building and most elected officials have lost touch with the general public and reality.

Bring any kid that plays first person shooter games "for a extended period" to a gun store and I bet he will be able to figure out a 223 or 308 "assault rifle" and be able to do the same with a 9 mm and a revolver.  Yet society blames the guns?  I hear parents complain how kids suffer in school yet when home the parent does nothing to encourage the kid to learn.  Has to be the bad teacher, its his/her fault my kid can't learn, his disruptions in class, low participation and lack of any enthusiasm or interest has nothing to do with it!!! It's ok, go play a game, I will talk to the PRINCIPAL about your teacher!!! 

Bless these poor victims and the families, I pray for those that hopefully can survive this ordeal.  And for our society, lord we need help!

How is this possible??? THe SAFE Act is in place and was going to prevent these types of things. According to Biden, shotguns are not as dangerous as the evil semi-auto rifles. This can't be true!!??!!! I wonder if the shotgun had a bayonette mount on it - maybe that was the problem.

• Like 1

Cuomo was speeding to Herkimer with his eyes, fingers, toes legs and arms crossed just hoping it was an "assault weapon" or pistol that was used.

you talk about proof that you need to protect yourself, this is it. Herkimer has a police force and I believe Mohawk does as well. Herkimer county does NOT have a patroling Sheriff dept but NYS troop D barracks is right in East Herkimer. This scum was able to shoot 4 and then drive a mile and shoot two more and then drive about another mile and make into that building with no police being able to lay eyes on him. The county office building is right around the corner from whee he holed up and the Library is right across the street. Luckily he didn't make it to either one of those places.

As close as police agencies were to these crime scenes they could not react fast enough to stop any of them and the isn't their fault. It is the nature of the beast.

wonder how many he would have been able to kill if he had one of the weapons that they're trying to restrict.

Probably the same number. Listen to the stories from the people that were there, he had time to stand there and reload the shotgun. Capacity would have made no difference.

He has already restricted those weapons, and again, it made no difference. Just like in Webster, the AR made no difference, that guy would have been able to pull off the same thing with a bolt action.

Instead of trying to blame inanimate objects, try looking at what carries out these murders, people.

• Like 1

I agree that it would be naive to expect the SAFE Act to have an immediate impact.  But, I also think it's naive or just plain disingenuous to claim that a person who is intent on causing mass casualties is no more dangerous with an AR in his hands than with a shotgun.  The reports say that, in additon to the 4 who were killed, there were another 2 wounded.  Maybe those two would have been killed if this guy didn't have to reload?  If you found yourself in the path of this guy, you'd hope he was carrying a 12 gauge and not an AR.

I agree that it would be naive to expect the SAFE Act to have an immediate impact.  But, I also think it's naive or just plain disingenuous to claim that a person who is intent on causing mass casualties is no more dangerous with an AR in his hands than with a shotgun.  The reports say that, in additon to the 4 who were killed, there were another 2 wounded.  Maybe those two would have been killed if this guy didn't have to reload?  If you found yourself in the path of this guy, you'd hope he was carrying a 12 gauge and not an AR.

He shot all available "targets" in both locations. The AR would have made no difference.

?'typical liberal self loathing response'??? 

This should be funny- what are you talking about?  Or, should i ask, What do you think you're talking about?  How does my mocking your over-inflated sense of machismo due to your fascination with guns equate to self loathing or liberalism? 

Culver, how do you KNOW that?  Can you honestly say that he wouldn't have continued firing if he had a 10 round magazine.  You guys are so quick to state things as fact just because you would like to believe them to be.

Just stating a fact virgil. You are a self loathing liberal gun owner, your own worst enemy. Your overinflated ego doesnt allow you to see it, especially with all of that kool aid sloshing around. You are the type that is willing to give up your freedoms in favor of the delusion of safety provided by the government.

The fact that I carry and am more prepared to defend myself than most of the sheep out there are has nothing to do with any machismo or fascination with anything.

• Like 3