Gun magazine bullet limit to be suspended

From what I've heard there's a legal reason that they're considering this.   Apparently, if one piece of the legislation doesn't stand up in court the whole thing gets tossed.  The ban on purchasing any magazine over 7 rounds is one of the weakest links, thus by dumping it they figure they've got a better chance of holding onto the rest of the Act.

Does anyone else have the knowledge to verify this?

so we'll still be able to buy 10 round clips from stores and with new guns, but can only load 7 rounds in them?

Essentially...But you will be able to load 10 at home and in competition, I believe. I think the range was also mentioned. I agree that this is not enough either. They should S can most of the so called ""

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

Apparently, if one piece of the legislation doesn't stand up in court the whole thing gets tossed.

I dont believe this is the reason as the last line of the law sates:

13.  Severability.  If any provision or term of this act is for any

reason declared unconstitutional or invalid or ineffective by any  court

of  competent  jurisdiction, such decision shall not affect the validity

or the effectiveness of the remaining portions of this act or  any  part

thereof.

In my opinion, it is more likely that the King is more concerned about the lost revenue on gun sales since the only legal handgun you would be able to NYS would be a revolver.

This is also the weakest link of the law due to the hardships it places on Dealers ability to conduct business in NYS and most likely will be the only part that would get removed in a lawsuit.

The King has really given up nothing. He can still charge you if you put more than 7 in the magazine  and he can still collect the dollars on sales. He is a crook, we must always remember that and look for the not so obvious in anything he does.

We all know that none of this BS makes ANYONE safer except the crooks and murderers but as usual , it is always about the money. 

Cuomo must go in 2014. He must pay BIG.

Just my opinion, I am not a lawyer

Edited by Contender

Essentially...But you will be able to load 10 at home and in competition, I believe. I think the range was also mentioned. I agree that this is not enough either. They should S can most of the so called ""

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

I have heard reported, that they want to change it to - you could load with ten at the range or in shooting competitions.  Nothing about home defense, which would be par for the course as far as this "common sense" law goes.  Target shoot with 10, protect your family with 7 ???? But who knows what they're really going to do?

This whole, little king Andy, publicity stunt of a law needs to be flushed down the crapper where it belongs.

i dont trust any of them. let me guess a 10 round is legal with 7 unless its on your dash board when you get pulled over for a inoperable tag light. the conversation could go like this,

state trooper:  whats that?

the citizen    :   a 10 round mag with 7 in it

state trooper: you dont have a registered 'aw' please step out of the car......

dont think it wont happen, i had a 44mag shell on my dash (i have a ruger carbine in a 44mag), was pulled over on state lands leaving from a coyote hunt ( i had a different rifle with me) and the trooper (yes trooper not encon) kept asking me where the pistol and my permit was. 20 minutes of less then comfortable conversation and 'running my info', he left, lights on, for a real emergency. It might be legal but how much is it going to cost you to prove your innocents in a court of law?

I have heard reported, that they want to change it to - you could load with ten at the range or in shooting competitions.  Nothing about home defense, which would be par for the course as far as this "common sense" law goes.  Target shoot with 10, protect your family with 7 ????

The law already states this.  10 rounds at an incorporated range, an NRA or a Metallic Sillouette Shooting Assoc. event. Or something to that effect.

I believe that the King is just considering making it legal to continue to buy 10 rounders.  Currently, come 4/15, we're not allowed to purchase any mags over 7 rounds.

I also heard that BATF has told NY state that they will not do back ground checks on ammo sales. They don't have the time or the personal to do back gound check on everyone who wants to by shells to go duck hunting. they said if you want to do back ground checks on ammo you can do your self. i don't know if its true or not.

This weakens one of our lawsuits. The fact that nobody makes 7round mags for our guns

Made the guns useless and in turn was basically a gun ban. A de facto gun ban which would have been a key point in court for our side.

I also heard that BATF has told NY state that they will not do back ground checks on ammo sales. They don't have the time or the personal to do back gound check on everyone who wants to by shells to go duck hunting. they said if you want to do back ground checks on ammo you can do your self. i don't know if its true or not.

NYS is supposed to be setting up an internal background check and database for ammo purchases.