Larrys Deer Processing, Avon NY

WNYBuckHunter

I know there are guys here that use Larrys for their deer processing. I almost forgot to post this, but his shop burned down a month or so ago. Looks like a bad deal for him, it got both parts of his shop and damaged the house as well. Im not sure if he will be back in business this year or not.

I used him from time to time...almost a last resort thing. His service/quality had slipped big time in the past few years. Was a nice place about 10 years ago when he really put effort into it. Still a shame to see.

• Like 1

I dont Know him or never used his services.Its horrible to loose everything that way.Anyone that knows him well should see what is salvageable if anthing and offer to buy for small amount.Like I said dont know what he had in his shop but not all is gone.

• 8 years later...

I used this guy for the first and last time this year. Was given a deer from the holiday special hunt. As most processors were closed I took the deer to Larry's. Who puts meat on foam plates wrapped with cling-wrap? This guy. What does he think I'm going to do, have a cook out the same day as I pick it up? My wife & I had to repackage all the meat so it could go in the freezer. We also ended up with less than 14 lbs of meat. It was a small buck but there should have been at least 25 lbs. of meat. For what he charged I could do better myself. Hope this is his last year of deer processing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, DeerNoMore said:

I used this guy for the first and last time this year. Was given a deer from the holiday special hunt. As most processors were closed I took the deer to Larry's. Who puts meat on foam plates wrapped with cling-wrap? This guy. What does he think I'm going to do, have a cook out the same day as I pick it up? My wife & I had to repackage all the meat so it could go in the freezer. We also ended up with less than 14 lbs of meat. It was a small buck but there should have been at least 25 lbs. of meat. For what he charged I could do better myself. Hope this is his last year of deer processing.

Surprised that he is still open, not the cleanest place yrs ago and I am sure its only gone down hill

4 hours ago, DeerNoMore said:

This is your first post and you open up with a 8 year old thread?

You must have really deep to find this!!

Welcome….

• Like 1

This is your first post and you open up with a 8 year old thread?
You must have really deep to find this!!
Welcome….

Maybe he googled the guy and this thread popped up

I did and this thread is only 4 down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk