Jump to content

No More Buds


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Engraver99 said:

got an email from buds. As of 9/1/22 no more ammo deliveries. bummer!

can get up until then (hope they not shipping by UPS now

NY only or anywhere?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, BizCT said:

NY only or anywhere?

I assume NY only as the date corresponds when all the new gun laws go into affect. Probably a huge headache to figure out what's legal to sell and ship to people in NY 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I assume NY only as the date corresponds when all the new gun laws go into affect. Probably a huge headache to figure out what's legal to sell and ship to people in NY 

what are the new laws?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BizCT said:

what are the new laws?

Just be thankful your in CT now. 

NYS got told no by the Supreme Court then NYS threw a temper tantrum and made a bunch of laws almost over night with no real way to implement or enforce them. 

Background checks on all ammo purchases including the creation of an ammo database

16 hours of Live fire training for new permit holders and first time recertification

give up your social media accounts 

A list of "sensitive" places that you can't carry AND businesses have to post that they allow conceded carry in order for you to carry. If there is no signage posted it's assumed you are not allowed to carry inside that business which carries a felony charge. This one is pretty big because it's really going to limit you to where you can carry. Forget about CC and bouncing around running errands without being a felon. 

Semi auto rifle permit/license

This is just a few of them that I'm remembering off the top of my head. 9/1/2022 is going to be very interesting. I'll probably be leaving my daily carry home until some sense can be made of it all. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reason we will no longer be allowed to buy ammo online is all ammo will require a background check.

 

There have already been lawsuits filed against Hochul and the NYSP over all of this. I'd fathom a guess all of this will be ruled unconstitutional, but you have to wonder how long before the ruling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

The reason we will no longer be allowed to buy ammo online is all ammo will require a background check.

 

There have already been lawsuits filed against Hochul and the NYSP over all of this. I'd fathom a guess all of this will be ruled unconstitutional, but you have to wonder how long before the ruling.

I don't doubt it will be ruled unconstitutional but like you said how long will that take. What has to happen in order for the Supreme Court to step in? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

Just be thankful your in CT now. 

NYS got told no by the Supreme Court then NYS threw a temper tantrum and made a bunch of laws almost over night with no real way to implement or enforce them. 

Background checks on all ammo purchases including the creation of an ammo database

16 hours of Live fire training for new permit holders and first time recertification

give up your social media accounts 

A list of "sensitive" places that you can't carry AND businesses have to post that they allow conceded carry in order for you to carry. If there is no signage posted it's assumed you are not allowed to carry inside that business which carries a felony charge. This one is pretty big because it's really going to limit you to where you can carry. Forget about CC and bouncing around running errands without being a felon. 

Semi auto rifle permit/license

This is just a few of them that I'm remembering off the top of my head. 9/1/2022 is going to be very interesting. I'll probably be leaving my daily carry home until some sense can be made of it all. 

 

 

45 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

The reason we will no longer be allowed to buy ammo online is all ammo will require a background check.

 

There have already been lawsuits filed against Hochul and the NYSP over all of this. I'd fathom a guess all of this will be ruled unconstitutional, but you have to wonder how long before the ruling.

Interesting. So CT has required an "ammo card" for years to buy any type of ammo (long gun or pistol). However, if you have your pistol permit that trumps the ammo card. So since I have my CT pistol permit, I dont need an additional ammo card. I bought ammo online a few weeks ago and had to simply upload a picture of my pistol permit for it to ship to me in CT. Unlike NY, the back of a CT pistol permit card lists zero guns. A gun shop calls in your info during a purchase of a hand gun and you walk out with your purchased pistol within 10-15minutes. I guess the info on who owns what guns is all stored electronically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And what gun and ammo FFL is gonna want to have you send ammo to them that you bought from someone else and have to do all the paperwork etc for all the demand. ? And if they do expect to be charged for it so the expense goes up as well.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am surprised NY has not jumped on the California Democrat model long ago. Controlling ammo is back door gun control and effective as it skirts the second amendment, just watch and see what happens when they ban traditional lead bullets.

Al

Edited by airedale
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2022 at 4:32 PM, Moho81 said:

I don't doubt it will be ruled unconstitutional but like you said how long will that take. What has to happen in order for the Supreme Court to step in? 

I'd have to imagine as soon as this gets seen, it won't take long to be overturned. The question really is how long before it gets seen by the judges, seeing the suits are filed in federal courts. I doubt't it will be before the laws go into effect, but I don't think it will take years.

On 7/13/2022 at 4:38 PM, BizCT said:

 

Interesting. So CT has required an "ammo card" for years to buy any type of ammo (long gun or pistol). However, if you have your pistol permit that trumps the ammo card. So since I have my CT pistol permit, I dont need an additional ammo card. I bought ammo online a few weeks ago and had to simply upload a picture of my pistol permit for it to ship to me in CT. Unlike NY, the back of a CT pistol permit card lists zero guns. A gun shop calls in your info during a purchase of a hand gun and you walk out with your purchased pistol within 10-15minutes. I guess the info on who owns what guns is all stored electronically.

I'm sure many might be OK with a card, but a BC check every time we buy a box of ammo isn't going to fly well. To me, all of this crap is unconstitutional. Even NICS is anti 2A in my opinion, it hasn't been working out so far. None of these stupid laws stop any crimes, contrary to what the left and some on the right think.

 

 

 

 

This would never happen, but if all the hunters who buy their tags from year to year sat out a season, so this state lost a couple million bucks, maybe it would sink in to the morons making these laws up on the fly. I know some will say that won't do any good as they want to ban hunting as well, but think about it, I mean really think about it. If NY lost the money sportsman spend on tags each year that doesn't go back into land conservation anyway, but goes into things like a new football stadium, or gondolas, it might be the slap in the face needed to make them realize who they are pissing off. Also, people need to stop voting these people into office. If you hunt, or even just target shoot, voting Democrat is a vote to restrict those things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't forget about microstamping.  It's a proprietary tech.. What will that add to the cost of a new gun. Pretty much will eliminate sales of competitive priced guns like taurus, kel-tec ect.. I wonder if any manufacturer will even add it to their guns just to sell in NY? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't doubt it will be ruled unconstitutional but like you said how long will that take. What has to happen in order for the Supreme Court to step in? 

My guess is they do and a stay will be put over the entire law while it’s sorted out


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I plan to stockpile for the time being, which is rare for me. Usually I'll buy enough to last my hunting needs (IE I'll buy 10-15 boxes at a time for Accutips or a specific caliber) every 2-4 years. But outside that, I don't generally stockpile for 22, plinking, recreational, etc.

My wife also out of the blue told me to go buy whatever I want for "lifetime" pieces, lol. Talk about something I never thought I'd hear her say. She knows I'll not likely have time to jump through hoops if it's too challenging. Always wanted a Kimber.

The non-lead risk is real and that one is bothersome given the ability to screw stockpiling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...