My gobbler mount...

josephmrtn

Looks good man. how'd ya put it all together?

Run the camo string thru legs, punch out primer on shell and run both ends of string thru, pull thru and tie off, stuff shell w paper towels or something, (Do NOT fill entire shell w hot glue!!! it will melt) leave about 1/2 inch or so at the end... squirt that space about 1/2 or 3/4 full of hot glue, quickly push beard (and feather if you want) in end of shell and let glue harden... 

I think its cool, but take the green tag off. I keep my used tags all together in a shoebox.<br /><br />Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

I just stuck it on for now... i will prob take it off

Joe I do mine similar but I cut the hull off and just use the brass.  It looks netter. IMO

Oh yeah and no tag for me either!! LOL

The two on the left are last year's birds.  The one on the right is this year's.

post-857-0-01152400-1368720355_thumb.jpg

Edited by letinmfly

looks good. at least you are doing something with yours. more than i can say for myself. after 49 birds i got 2 mounts and about 45 plastic bags of turkey parts in the freezer. i"ll get to it someday maybe....... or not. i would  keep the tag right where you got it unless maybe i had a plate with the info on it. looks good.

I like it. I always keep the shell and tag with my mounts too.  In 10 years, it will give you a reference date. This one could be extra special to you.

+1

Joe I do mine similar but I cut the hull off and just use the brass.  It looks netter. IMO

The two on the left are last year's birds.  The one on the right is this year's.

thats cool too! i usually save the whole shell cause i like to see what load/ammo i used

Nice job Joe.... but that string on your spur necklace looks like it will be a little tight around your collar! ;)

I like the collage of pics too! Very cool!

lol thanks

i made the collage on a online photo editor i use

Very nice, and very creative idea! I might try that with some oldies I never mounted. I was looking into buying a Fan Plaque but then realized why not just make one. So I made two, one for last year's bird and one for my friend who will never get it mounted unless I do it for him.

I used a jigsaw to carve it out of whatever wood I found in the back and then a dremmel tool to carve in, and then stained it. Next time I'll leave it unstained. I like the natural wood color better. Here is what I came up with. I think I'll setup the beard your way and then hang it off the plaque next. Great work Joe! I see you post DIY stuff often and thats a great thing, keep that creativity up!

IMG_2739_zps355c5418.jpg

IMG_2741_zps8c185bb2.jpg

IMG_2756_zps32d2937c.jpg

IMG_2757_zpsf376718d.jpg

I do the same thing as here but I cut the shell off at the crimp & put a note inside telling where, when, how.& hang them on the mounts & walls.