Cabelas

Woodjr55

YES!! and it will only be about 10minutes away from me!!!

AWWW you lucky duck!!!

Cabelas is way better than Bass Pro. If Buffalo dont want them, they can come to Syracuse!

+1!!!!!!!!!!

Nice!!! I was shocked when I first moved up here that there wasn't a bass pro or cabelas anywhere in WNY... Gander and dicks can suck it... Frankly I think it would put this gander mountain in tonawanda out a business ! And it's only gonna be 10 min away , love it...

Lucky u!!!

Sooooo its monday...what's the word??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It has been on all the tv stations today. They'll break ground this fall and open fall of 2014.

It IS going to happen.

C u @ the opening.

maybe........

Edited by Lawdwaz

Excuse me for being skeptical, but Bass Pro was coming to Buffalo, until the planning board set so high standards, that eventually give up the idea. We have been dealt to many broken promises in the past to be a high believer in the future.

Then they can build in the Rochester area lol.

Sooooo its monday...what's the word??

It has been on all the tv stations today. They'll break ground this fall and open fall of 2014.

It IS going to happen.

C u @ the opening.

maybe........

Cool. Thanks. Havent seen the tv all day. Yard work and doctor appointment for the baby. Glad to see NY is getting a cabelas though. I don't mind ordering some stuff online but clothing or boots I gotta try on first before ordering. This is definitely good news

The physical location of the store and the proximity to the 90 is going to be a huge asset.  The visibility of the store from the road will certainly be a big plus. 

Should be an interesting story to watch.................................................... 

I cant imagine why Batavia would turn it down, they already have a bunch of box stores in there.

The big Lowes store sits empty right now, right across from Home Depot.  Batavia had been growing a few years ago, not so much today. The brakes have been put on.

As far as a Cabelas location, Walden Ave. in Cheektowaga, is an idea spot to draw NY,  PA., OH, and Canadian  customer alike.

On a personal level, it may not be such a great location, as I may become "over drawn"  alot,  If it's anything like their Hamburg, PA. location,  LOL.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Bass Pro has nothing on Cabelas.

I've been to several of each, and hands down I like Bass Pro less and less. Especially Auburn's store.

Cabelas isn't the savior, but it's about as good as it gets for a big box store/destination store.

anything is better than gander mountain

Sorry being a thread on Cabela's finally coming to NYS..I thought it would be obvious after reading the link...Tax free for 10 yrs....

I worked for a company...Raymonds...building Fork lifts...Avon NY gave them 5 yrs tax free status...I found out about it a year in ...warned many ppl to start looking for their tax free status was up the following year...entire families worked for them .....many had moved up from Greene NY....

We were gathered for a meeting one day and told we were the only division making a profit and Congratulated ..two months later another meeting letting everyone know that Raymond was moving and every one had to train the Canadian workers being brought in or loose benefits...they moved  that division to Canada

(sp)

Edited by growalot

Not needed...but it explains why Cabela's is now showing up and at least one reason why they are going to Walden...the only other thing that ppl may want to observe is...whether "breaking ground" means demo and  a rebuild or "remodeling" the existing structure....See Raymond Went into an existing manufacturing structure and retooled it....much less $$$ cash lay out...makes what they knew would be and eventual move more cost effective down the road

Gander Mnt is opening up a new store in Corning....perhaps they will feel the competition and clean up their act...ie ...hire ppl with with....lets just say a better knowledge base....

Cabela's average employee knowledge base is heads above Gander and BPS.

Not even close, too. Sure there are duds everywhere, but in large, not even close. Gander is a former shell of itself 5-10 years ago.

• Like 2

The big Lowes store sits empty right now, right across from Home Depot.  Batavia had been growing a few years ago, not so much today. The brakes have been put on.

As far as a Cabelas location, Walden Ave. in Cheektowaga, is an idea spot to draw NY,  PA., OH, and Canadian  customer alike.

On a personal level, it may not be such a great location, as I may become "over drawn"  alot,  If it's anything like their Hamburg, PA. location,  LOL.

Ahhh, I didnt know that Lowes was empty and that things had come to a halt over there. I dont get to Batavia that often now days.

Its not going to be anywhere near as expansive as the Hamburg locations.

Cabela's built Hamburg as their flagship east coast store and at the height of the destination store craze. They've since re-scaled their stores down quite a bit...this one is only going to be about 50% of the sq. ft. of the Hamburg store.

Don't let that fool you, it'll still be big.

The more I think about it, the less I think Batavia couldn't meet the demands. Batavia would have jumped at it...especially with their efforts to bring in the yogurt factory, and such.

The big deal, at least reading between the lines for the Buffalo spot was pulling from Canada, too.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

I went by the site last night and they hung a banner on the store front  "Coming soon" I bet they will add a new store front but not tear down the entire building. I agree the location is great for them as it is visible from the 90, easy on and off access. they will go there as it is in Cheektowaga not the city of Buffalo, political BS is not the same.

Its not going to be anywhere near as expansive as the Hamburg locations.

Cabela's built Hamburg as their flagship east coast store and at the height of the destination store craze. They've since re-scaled their stores down quite a bit...this one is only going to be about 50% of the sq. ft. of the Hamburg store.

Don't let that fool you, it'll still be big.

The more I think about it, the less I think Batavia couldn't meet the demands. Batavia would have jumped at it...especially with their efforts to bring in the yogurt factory, and such.

The big deal, at least reading between the lines for the Buffalo spot was pulling from Canada, too.

When I entered the Hamburg, PA. location, thought I had died and gone to heaven. One can only hope, LOL.