Rules For Dating My Daughter . . .

Deerthug

Nobody can say the food is good in lake George. I go there once or twice every summer. Still searching for decent food besides bobs ice cream.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

was up in Syracuse in May, the restaurant we went to said it had the freshest seafood in New York........... I got the Oysters on the 1/2 shell and Sushi, how could they be wrong?

Nobody can say the food is good in lake George. I go there once or twice every summer. Still searching for decent food besides bobs ice cream.

You mean a tourist town doesn't have good food? It serves dumb dick's like you all summer long, you know the ones who go to lake George and call it the adirondacks and thinks its great.

• Like 1

You mean a tourist town doesn't have good food? It serves dumb dick's like you all summer long, you know the ones who go to lake George and call it the adirondacks and thinks its great.

Right, it doesn't have good food. I just call it Lake George and enjoy the lake trout n smallie fishing.

was up in Syracuse in May, the restaurant we went to said it had the freshest seafood in New York........... I got the Oysters on the 1/2 shell and Sushi, how could they be wrong?

Wait...a in-state town has fresher seafood than a port city?  Maybe local freshwater fish like trout, etc. yes but otherwise, I doubt it.

Those three industry sell outs couldn't waddle around a kitchen fast enough to keep up any where in USA.

You're missing the point.  If you're a great chef and you want to make it big someday...where do you go?

Wait...a in-state town has fresher seafood than a port city?  Maybe local freshwater fish like trout, etc. yes but otherwise, I doubt it.

I stand corrected, The Brewster Inn, in Cazenovia say they have the freshest seafood in the world......yes, the world, and that's straight from their website.

You're missing the point. If you're a great chef and you want to make it big someday...where do you go?

You go where ever you want, you can be the best chef anywhere, being in a city allows you to charge three times as much and every one thinks your food is the best because it costs so much. Living down there doesn't improve your taste buds.

• Like 2

You go where ever you want, you can be the best chef anywhere, being in a city allows you to charge three times as much and every one thinks your food is the best because it costs so much. Living down there doesn't improve your taste buds.

Doesn't give you better taste buds but it sure gives you more exposure.

• Like 1

Doesn't give you better taste buds but it sure gives you more exposure.

NYC is not a culinary hot bed on innovation and exposure, in fact I bet not one person knows or cares about any chef from there. Lol

You can be a big fish in a small pond or a big fish in a big pond surrounded by other big fish.

Holy crap this thread is funny.

I've been avoiding it since I have a 15-soon to be 16 year old daughter and am terrified of the thought.....................

Since YOU think it's funny, I'll take a look.  (or shouldn't I?) grins..

I have to admit that the deli pastrami sandwiches in the city are the best..Never had anything like them here upstate..

Unfortunately, that's not reason enough for me to go there..When I  was relieved of active duty in the Navy in 1973 I said I'd never return to NYC by choice...

I went back in 1977 on business and stayed overnite in bayside, Queens while Son of Sam was active...I was there overnite awaiting a work visa for Mexico.

NYC is the only place that I  ever NEEDED a handgun to defend myself... (  Brooklyn, 1971)... Luckily for me I survived the incident.. I swore at that time that I would never again be put in the position of needing a gun and not HAVE one.. One good reason for me to steer clear of NYC. If I can't PACK, I AIN'T going there...

As far as good food goes, there are some awesome restaurants in the Finger lakes region..I would put the Pleasant Valley Inn in Hammondsport up against anyplace..

There are also some excellent restaurants in Corning, Elmira, and other places here in the southern tier.

You know now that I think of it I am sick of being able to hunt, fish, and shoot stuff right out my door. I wish I could live some where with a terrible odor and no woods to hunt. That would be ideal for a sportsman like me. At least there would be famous chefs and hot slutty women every where. Yea you city guys sure have it good.

You know now that I think of it I am sick of being able to hunt, fish, and shoot stuff right out my door. I wish I could live some where with a terrible odor and no woods to hunt. That would be ideal for a sportsman like me. At least there would be famous chefs and hot slutty women every where. Yea you city guys sure have it good.

I like best of both worlds.30min to nyc, 30 min to CT, 30min to putnam county and tons of state land. Westchester n Putnam have great reservoir fishing. Some reservoirs are over 1000 acres and no motors allowed. You can't row, you can't fish. Lake trout, brown trout, bass, perch, etc

Upstate chicks are easy. Downstate are much prettier and require more wine n dine, before 69. The best looking upstate girls are the college ones who are from downstate. Separately, the food sucks upstate. Lake George has horrible food and the restaurants are packed and people are eating like its the best thing ever.

Damn..........didn't you get your ass kicked about 10 pages ago ? You should know by now that you can't judge a group of people by the actions of a few.