Toyota Prius in snow?

Elmo

Have to get a new car.  Here are the criteria.  I hardly drive it.  Other than occasional errands and summer scouting, most of my driving is during hunting season when I go hunting.  This means some dirt road and snow will be involved.  During the rest of the time, my dad drives the car.  We're looking to go halfsies on it.  I want some light off-road capabilities while he wants fuel-economy, fuel economy, and fuel economy.  All his driving is in the city (groceries and picking up grand kids from school, etc).  We both agree that we don't want to spend a lot on a car.  Previously, we drove a Camry.  The Camry was enough to allow me to do what I needed to do but there were definitely some spots I decided not to test.

So the question is can the Prius do the same things a my old Camry can do or if the fuel economy not worth all the towing I'll end up paying for?

Have to get a new car.  Here are the criteria.  I hardly drive it.  Other than occasional errands and summer scouting, most of my driving is during hunting season when I go hunting.  This means some dirt road and snow will be involved.  During the rest of the time, my dad drives the car.  We're looking to go halfsies on it.  I want some light off-road capabilities while he wants fuel-economy, fuel economy, and fuel economy.  All his driving is in the city (groceries and picking up grand kids from school, etc).  We both agree that we don't want to spend a lot on a car.  Previously, we drove a Camry.  The Camry was enough to allow me to do what I needed to do but there were definitely some spots I decided not to test.

So the question is can the Prius do the same things a my old Camry can do or if the fuel economy not worth all the towing I'll end up paying for?

you should never mention Toyota Prius on a hunting forum...........

• Like 6

I believe you should consider some of the AWD "cross-over" vehicles. I have a Honda CRV that is not really terrible on gas, and also has the all wheel drive to accommodate snow and light off-road use (although that kind of abuse gives me the shivers .... lol).

It's just another possibility that you might want to throw into the mix.

Elmo, if you decide on the Prius, get the plug-in capability that lists for $32k+. My buddy just got one for under $24k. PM me for the details.

In regards to what a Prius can do vs a Camry, the Prius would be better since it can silently creep up to those spots with no noise at all.

If you are leaning toward Toyota, take a look at the RAV4. It really was a toss-up between that and the CRV when I bought mine. They are almost identical. Either one is super reliable and very popular.

Slap an Obama sticker on that Prius , and I say you get at least 3 traffic tickets the first year....

Kinda like when the druggies all put Greatful Dead stickers on their cars ,instant traffic stop.

If you hardly drive it who cares about mpg ?

I own 4 cars one is a 8 cyl. But ths wife puts less then 5 k A Year on it , myself I'd rather have the size safety and room and oh ya power then save a few hundred a year on gas.

I hunt out of a car, but large 4 doors,Prius seems a bit small. But then I hunt a qdm farm,big bucks only !