Farm chores, For Permission to hunt

wheelieman

as long as their land pays out in the end then it will be worth it. I used to do that  back in the day untill I became very close friends with the guy that owns the farm. Went to college with him. and dormed together now I go when ever i want. turkey deer coyote they got it, not to mention the small game!!. back to your question Yes! If you get anything from their land offer up some steaks  to show your appretiation for their permission on top of the work you did for them. If you dont get anything... get a nice bottle of wine or whisky or whatever you think he or she would like around christmas time. Will pay off for you. One day they may just say, just go and hunt dont worry about the chores.... if they like you of course. most farmers will alolow hunting on theirland do to the animals eating or damaging their crop or land they are usually happy to see a few turkey, deer or woodchucks go away!! goodluck

Ok so how many of you work off your right to hunt on a farmers land, I just spent the last 2 weekends throwing hay bails around and let me tell you i feel it,

Not to mention just offered to help with feeding the cows,

Only sore for a while, then u build up to be a muscle machine. It tough riding the way back down, however.

Some guys really get off on that sort of thing since it is a novelty to them. But I had my fill of farm work as a kid and a young adult. It's a great life, but not for someone who is getting on in years.

I wonder what the potential liabilities are for the farmer if some guy gets hurt doing the "work for hunt access" thing.

Im not worried about getting hurt and if i did i wouldnt go back on the farmer, As far as muscles go, well ive been hitting the gym 6 days a week and slamming protein shakes, im in pretty good physical shape, Its the whole some things are better earned than recieved for free, This farm has a private lake so to speak and a huge hardwoods swamp that hasnt dried up in years, I wont be hunting deer on it, I have a lease for that but waterfowl is what im interested in, This farm is about a mile North of one of the fingerlakes and the birds hit it hard all year long, They come into his fields like tidal waves wiping out small villages, The Hardwood swamp is loaded with ducks, I ts literally a waterfowlers heaven, And the only way to hunt on it is by doing chores and it keeps the number of hunters down to just a few, I was just interested in how many people would bust their ass for a chance at hunting a place like this, I can deer hunt it and i like his managment Strategy, Since this farmer has taken over the farm the deer population has exploded in the area and the number and quality of deer has been improved ten fold to what it was 10 years ago,

The term "Guy" was a general thing not directed at you...and I think it's great that your able to work out such a deal....

That said...never not have the idea something could happen in the back of your mind...for that's when it does...so always be careful and enjoy it...

I wonder what the potential liabilities are for the farmer if some guy gets hurt doing the "work for hunt access" thing.

Most farmers own some kind of a digging equipment to get rid of problems.................

Or a manure spreader.

Most farmers own some kind of a digging equipment to get rid of problems.................

Or a manure spreader.

LOL doin work wont get you hunting land from me... unless your a friend... im kinda a tightwad in that area cause of all the poachers that we have around here...

the farm is a dangerous place to work and you do need to be careful... ive never (surprisingly) had a broken bone yet but im not counting on keeping that good score all my life...

Keep doing the farm work & you won't need the gym or the shakes!

+1

Probably the most optimum chance for injury is the presence of a greenhorn on a farm. It's bad enough for those that do that kind of work day in and day out. There is a lot of equipment there designed to cut things up and munch them into little pieces .... lol.

Not only that, but we used to have a few critters that would really like to stomp some unsuspecting person into a tiny puddle. Sometimes there are places to work that really are better suited to those that live there

Would a roll in the hay with the farmers daughter be considered doing chores..?

Maybe let her open the barn door and take your pony for a ride?

Teach her how to ride bareback?

Look for a needle in a haystack together?

Show her how to milk a stallion?

Show her how long it really take "till the cows cum home"

It's gonna be a long hot summer fellas, I'll be hunting down at Farmer Johnsons this fall,lol! :girlimpossible:

• Like 2

I bet ya there isn't many places out there now that would trade chores for hunting. I believe for the most part a thing of the past.

Not only that, but a lot of the best hunting lands aren't even owned by farmers anymore. Down our way farming is a dying activity and almost all of the land has long ago been taken out of production. There really aren't any chores to do.

Or a manure spreader.

We have a good sized liquid manure lagoon.......

Would a roll in the hay with the farmers daughter be considered doing chores..?

Maybe let her open the barn door and take your pony for a ride?

Teach her how to ride bareback?

Look for a needle in a haystack together?

Show her how to milk a stallion?

Show her how long it really take "till the cows cum home"

It's gonna be a long hot summer fellas, I'll be hunting down at Farmer Johnsons this fall,lol! :girlimpossible:

+1

LOL