They are moving....

growalot

It's time to stay out of the woods unless I'm on a piece of equipment or have a chain saw...dang this is a tad early....the boys are on the move...I ran for the camera after spotting these across the field...but before I got back had deer 50 ft off the hedge row and watching me 26 in all scattered around and at least 4 buck...the dark being in the wood line was no match for my zoom lens...but I think you can get an idea...the buck with him is actually a big 8pt......Now I know why there's been so much evening traffic on the roads ...

Ok...still on the dark side so zooming is fuzzy...but they were closer and I got a few pics of 3 of them...5 buck were out tonight...one drop tine...Hopefully I'll find them out earlier and closer...I may go to a stand to take pics.....Better yet they would stroll by a cam...

• Like 2

To be honest I have lots of both this year...kidding aside...this bachelor group that is just moving in isn't the only one...I laughed when a road over from us the farmer dbl  stacked all his hay a long the front of his field...right up to the next guys corn crop...leaving just enough room to get his tractor through....I sat in a stand and read a book watching the field.....I now know why...he and his wife both hunt...I know I'll be seeing them this fall big time...

Down the hill from us is another group..that one has the monster I saw this spring in it's group and he's grown....my doe,,,don't move far so these guys will be in and around the area...one buck many years ago that nearly made me pass out when he appeared during bow...I mean I actually saw stars and could barely hold my bow at my side let alone lift it...he was shot a couple of miles away the following week...If I get a chance ...I get one..if not..well I'm having a blast taking pre season pics and just knowing that the herds are getting better every year

Thanks guys...as far as a wall hanger...hhmmm I'd really have to see them on the ground to decide....but Shhhhh...other than the drop tine...and he'd still be 2nd....those guys aren't what I'll be praying for not even as a third choice...and I may be even asking to get the blood pressure meds upped before season ...whats THAT tell ya...lol ;)

(sp)

Edited by growalot