Whisker biscuit or arrow rest

HuntOrBeHunted

although i hear some good things about the whisker biscuit, they generally come from guys who have not shot these newer drop away rests. IMO, anything that creates drag on the arrow completely prior to flight is just not a good thing. 

Drop aways gives better flight and speed. Whiskers gives better convenience. With whiskers, you can stalk easier with an arrow nocked where as with a drop away, the arrow will bounce around if you're holding the bow in odd angles while hiking through the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Drop aways gives better flight and speed. Whiskers gives better convenience. With whiskers, you can stalk easier with an arrow nocked where as with a drop away, the arrow will bounce around if you're holding the bow in odd angles while hiking through the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

i have a drop away rest made by QAD and i walk through the woods with an arrow knocked all the time and never had an arrow prematurely pop off. thats why when i say new drop aways, theres a lot more to them. mine even has a smart braking system to prevent the rest from popping back up causing arrow deflect after release.

http://www.qadinc.com/2011-HDX.html

to each his own BUT if having the biscuit only for stalking purposes to me  isnt realy a great excuse to sacrifice other things you may lose with shooting one. 

Have never used a drop away only the biscuit. I loved itbut many of these posts have good points about drag and such. Just about every one that posted likes drop aways maybe they are on to something and its worth taking a look into

well especially if you shoot a lot and the whiskers tend to get degraded, then either A) your arrow will fly inaccurate and B) your spending more money quite often for new rests.

but i mean at the end of the day the one using the rest has to feel comfortable with what hes using and if the whisker works, use it. but if you have the chance to shoot a legit drop away then do it and honestly see how it feels. ive shot the whisker and me no likey lol

i have a drop away rest made by QAD and i walk through the woods with an arrow knocked all the time and never had an arrow prematurely pop off. thats why when i say new drop aways, theres a lot more to them. mine even has a smart braking system to prevent the rest from popping back up causing arrow deflect after release.

http://www.qadinc.com/2011-HDX.html

to each his own BUT if having the biscuit only for stalking purposes to me isnt realy a great excuse to sacrifice other things you may lose with shooting one.

I've popped an arrow out of my QAD on my way into the woods on a spot and stalk. It is prone to happen when you are in some brush that requires the bow to be canted to the left or switched hands to get around brush on your left, if you are a righty like me. It's not as secure as quiet as the whisker when stalking, that's for sure.

Ebay. 10 bucks plus free shipping. I mean its not bad to replace but to do it every 3 or 4 months sucks.

I take it you need some fresh one to lol ?

Biggest complaint about the three prong brush rest is replacement brushes. If you're lucky enough to get them on right, you may not have to re-tune your bow, but just the cost of replacing brushes alone can get you a nice drop away after a few sets of those brushes.

I have used a biscuit long enough that I had to cut a notch in the first one I bought. I know others are very happy with the newer drop aways, but other than taking a few shots with their bows, I can't give much of an opinion on them. I am happy with my whisker biscuit because it is simple and I have never had it let me down in the woods.