Whisker biscuit or arrow rest

HuntOrBeHunted

What??? All my arrows have knocks and yes i use a D loop...

He's talking about a knocking point on the string itself that gets crimped on , guys that don't use a d-loop and attach the release straight to the string to avoid fumbling for the d-loop if a quick shot is needed use them ... He's wondering if anyone uses a d-loop and the crimp on under it so the loop won't move on the string over time...

amazing how quick guys on this site insult their hunting brothers. here we have another (shawnhu) who doesn't really think before jumping to insulting conclusions.

I have an arrow or 2 in my quiver that aren't straight after incurring damage, but they still work just fine for backyard practice. When group shooting it is also quite common for an arrow to deflect of others, but "shawnfu" would would rather make a declaration that WB shooters don't shoot a tuned bow.

Priceless stuff from a real hater. You might as well be a cannibal, since you eat your own.

Edited by skyhunter

He's talking about a knocking point on the string itself that gets crimped on , guys that don't use a d-loop and attach the release straight to the string to avoid fumbling for the d-loop if a quick shot is needed use them ... He's wondering if anyone uses a d-loop and the crimp on under it so the loop won't move on the string over time...

Oh i get it... No i just use a D loop... no nocking crimp thingys

Impossible! B)

are you serious, or just kidding?

One of my hunting buddies has shot a 3 arrow group at 70 yards that he could wrap his index finger and thumb around. He also shoots spectacular groups at 80 yards.

I have also witnessed guys grouping arrows at 100 and beyond while practicing on the range during one of my western Elk hunts.

Just because you have never witnessed this high level of marksmanship doesn't mean it doesn't occur. In fact it occurs quite often, so folks shouldn't be so quick to judge others.

Edited by skyhunter

One of my hunting buddies has shot a 3 arrow group at 70 yards that he could wrap his index finger and thumb around. He also shoots spectacular groups at 80 yards.

I have also witnessed guys grouping arrows at 100 and beyond while practicing on the range during one of my western Elk hunts.

Just because you have never witnessed this high level of marksmanship doesn't mean it doesn't occur. In fact it occurs quite often, so folks shouldn't be so quick to judge others.

it's why they want crossbows. they want to shoot out to 70 without all the practice it took for the marksman you're referring to :spiteful:

amazing how quick guys on this site insult their hunting brothers. here we have another (shawnhu) who doesn't really think before jumping to insulting conclusions.

I have an arrow or 2 in my quiver that aren't straight after incurring damage, but they still work just fine for backyard practice. When group shooting it is also quite common for an arrow to deflect of others, but "shawnfu" would would rather make a declaration that WB shooters don't shoot a tuned bow.

Priceless stuff from a real hater. You might as well be a cannibal, since you eat your own.

I have seen that just happen with varying target densities too. how that arrow stick inthe target doen'st meanthe bow is not tuned correctly. Very nive shooting. and WNY did mean that as a joke. As in no one can do that with a lame rest like a WB...lol.

• Like 1

In retrospect, I realized he was actually kidding and you are spot on with respect to the inconsistencies in arrow entry angles as a result of the target medium. What must also be considered is prior shots to that entry spot and what the previous angle of entry was, which would affect the next arrow entry.

I just don't get why a guy would hate on what works fine for someone else to the point of insulting your hunting brothers. We're all in this battle together folks. We shouldn't be cannibalizing our own for the sake of " I'm right, you're wrong"; and that goes for crossbows too. I prefer a Bowtech compound. OK, green light for all you Mathews and Hoyt guys.

In retrospect, I realized he was actually kidding and you are spot on with respect to the inconsistencies in arrow entry angles as a result of the target medium. What must also be considered is prior shots to that entry spot and what the previous angle of entry was, which would affect the next arrow entry.

I just don't get why a guy would hate on what works fine for someone else to the point of insulting your hunting brothers. We're all in this battle together folks. We shouldn't be cannibalizing our own for the sake of " I'm right, you're wrong"; and that goes for crossbows too. I prefer a Bowtech compound. OK, green light for all you Mathews and Hoyt guys.

HEY! ...... I own a Mathews and everyone who doesn't shoot Mathews is a poopy-head!  :devil:  So there!

• Like 1

My Bowtech sucked with a WB on it. That is why I got a drop away and put it on a new Hoyt...lol

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

Who would have thought a discussion of WB vs. Drop away rest would have gone 7 pages?  I'm pretty sure the merits of both have been thoroughly discussed.

What should we drag out next?

Feathers vs. vanes

OR.................

Release vs. fingers

FCC might shut the joint down if we try to tackle mechanical BH vs fixed...................THAT could lead to a statewide donnybrook......................... :angry:

Oh yea, non Bowtech shooters aren't very bright and just flat out wrong; so there :angry:

Alright! That's the spirit. I was feeling left out .... lol. We can get something going here if we try hard enough. People who shoot anything other than aluminum arrows are wimps. I'm right! I'm always right! and everybody else is always wrong! ........ and they are poopy-heads! :ireful:

I was kidding