President Biden Announces Student Loan Relief for Borrowers Who Need It Most

On 8/25/2022 at 2:50 PM, Nomad said:

Ok I paid low six figures for my kids college ,through  sacrifice and discipline, my wife and i had zero college and two very middle class jobs btw  . While my coworkers drove new pick ups ,had built in pools, new snowmobiles etc , but had their kids take out loans on stupid majors , I kinda feel I did the right thing as  I knew starting  them out in debt would make it hard for them . Where’s mine ?  Same income as my coworkers , not as nice a home though ….

if you want to change things do it going forward ,  not mid stream , that always creates problems .

And do not forget that we are all a bunch of fascists too....Sad state of affairs. Pay off your loan over time, lazy bisturds.

On 8/25/2022 at 4:02 AM, Gobbler Chaser said:

Almost as bad as Trump's taxpayer give aways to billionaires 

On 8/25/2022 at 8:06 PM, DoubleDose said:

...and your point is what?  This has nothing to do with DJT.

8 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

My point is I'd rather see money go to education that giving billions away to corporations in the way of tax giveaways. Mango reduced the corporate tax rate with the same old promise of trickle down. Buts there's always money for wars and billionaire tax breaks

So why bring up DJT?  What you now describe as your point has been the way the of World and America forever.  The TRUTH is both of these scenarios and none of these scenarios work!!!!!   Why?  Because you cannot control PEOPLE behavior.  There are selfish/greedy/cheaters/criminals in both scenarios.  Give billions to education and see how much of that trickles down to the students and more importantly better grades/intelligent Americans!!!  If you don't get the latter the money was wasted.

Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Debt; Low-Income Students Are Eligible for More

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/24/us/politics/student-loan-forgiveness-biden.html

The article states “By some estimates, however, it could cost $300 billion or more.

$300 billon or more! 

Instead of wasting that money on college students who were not smart enough, did not learn enough or are just plain lazy to pay THEIR debt, that money is needed for real American problems, NOT theirs. 

That money should be used for better security at schools to protect children, for more and better trained police officers, a more secure boarder to prevent illegal entrance into America, more prisons for the violent criminals, more mental health care to prevent suicides and violent crime, and drug addict rehabilitation camps so we do not have over 100,000 people a year dying from drug over doses.

10 minutes ago, ADK Native said:

Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Debt; Low-Income Students Are Eligible for More

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/24/us/politics/student-loan-forgiveness-biden.html

The article states “By some estimates, however, it could cost $300 billion or more.

$300 billon or more! 

Instead of wasting that money on college students who were not smart enough, did not learn enough or are just plain lazy to pay THEIR debt, that money is needed for real American problems, NOT theirs. 

That money should be used for better security at schools to protect children, for more and better trained police officers, a more secure boarder to prevent illegal entrance into America, more prisons for the violent criminals, more mental health care to prevent suicides and violent crime, and drug addict rehabilitation camps so we do not have over 100,000 people a year dying from drug over doses.

300 billion is a low ball number. 
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/08/24/bidens-student-loan-forgiveness-may-cost-taxpayers-prompt-inflation.html

8 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Maybe you should run for office if you have such a great grasp on things...

I would, but I don't have the intestinal fortitude to suffer vicious attacks for the rest of my life from the corrupt elites trying to prevent solutions for their own benefit.  I see what's happening to Trump, and he tried to do the same things.  The leftist elites have proven to be powerful enemies, not just to Trump, but to everyone.

• Like 2

With the midterms around the corner, we can expect Democrats to reach out and touch just about every group of Americans finding it hard to make ends meet in an economic malaise created by those same Democrats. It's called vote buying. Just as they bailed out those who fell prey to the college loan scheme, the Biden administration may well throw a life raft to renters.

Meanwhile, our national debt continues to soar. At some point, someone's got to pay for all of this, right? Democrats don't seem worried about it, but perhaps a power shift to the Republicans this November will help restore some common sense and fiscal sanity to a government that's out of control.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...