hunting with your other half

fu2lmao

My wife would go but only take a camera, she loves the outdoors, camping, hiking, etc. but she doesn't eat the meat and doesn't understand why we have to kill them. I just tell her they won't stay  on the wall if you don't shoot them. My daughter and wife both took the motorcycle safety course and got their licenses, it's great, I now ride solo. We combine weekend camping trips with the bikes in tow, even bring the golf clubs. If she's good I let her beat me on the golf course.LOL

My Fiance is taking her Hunter saftey course as I type this. We will see if she can actually take a deer. I told her we could go rabbit hunting and she said rabbits were to cute to kill but she can kill a deer because they are delicious lol.

• Like 1

on the contrary to all you guys....I can't get my HUSBAND out. he's got his license but I only have one rifle and a few old shotguns. he has his bow that probably needs some tlc. Maybe if I get a bow eventually we can go out together!

I really need to find some girl -friends who like to hunt. but that seems impossible!

My wife has had her license since before we met, but has told me repeatedly that she has no interest in hunting.  Her dad got her her lifetime license so he could have her doe tags.  Well, after we got married, those doe tags became mine.  The other day, while I was prepping gear for gun season, she said that she wouldn't mind tagging along with me a few times.  No problem.  Well, yeah, kinda.  She said she didn't want anything that had a lot of recoil.  Her dad only let her learn on a 12g pump, saying he wasn't going to buy a "little girl's gun" just so she could learn to shoot and not go hunting.  All of mine have a fair amount of recoil so I had to find something

Fast forward to today, I managed to find a .44 magnum lever action saddle gun with a scope for her to use.  It's a buddy's who doesn't use it much.  I fired it today and it kicks almost as much as a .223.  I'll get her behind it a couple times before opening day.  I thoroughly don't expect her to ever even shoulder it in the field, but at least I'll know she won't end up with a shoulder bruise if she does

My wife has had her license since before we met, but has told me repeatedly that she has no interest in hunting. Her dad got her her lifetime license so he could have her doe tags. Well, after we got married, those doe tags became mine. The other day, while I was prepping gear for gun season, she said that she wouldn't mind tagging along with me a few times. No problem. Well, yeah, kinda. She said she didn't want anything that had a lot of recoil. Her dad only let her learn on a 12g pump, saying he wasn't going to buy a "little girl's gun" just so she could learn to shoot and not go hunting. All of mine have a fair amount of recoil so I had to find something

Fast forward to today, I managed to find a .44 magnum lever action saddle gun with a scope for her to use. It's a buddy's who doesn't use it much. I fired it today and it kicks almost as much as a .223. I'll get her behind it a couple times before opening day. I thoroughly don't expect her to ever even shoulder it in the field, but at least I'll know she won't end up with a shoulder bruise if she does

Well it sounds like you lucked out on using your buddys gun, sounds like it will work out nicely. I was also worried about the recoil. I picked out a bolt action .270 Remington. I do love my gun it gives a little kick but its tolerable and shoots great.

I want either a bow or a pump shotgun by next year so I can hunt on long island where I live.

My wife used to help run a 3-mile trapline years ago. She covered areas that I didn't have time to check during the week. She's also my fishing buddy. She never got big into hunting, but did take her hunter safety training for both gun and bow.

I really need to find some girl -friends who like to hunt. but that seems impossible!

That surprises me...every other woman I run into in the Finger lakes seems to hunt...I Sat in the waiting room of the Wendy"s clinic  in Rochester NY and got some woman talking about hunting...not one negative response and 4 woman ...hard core hunters in the group...now that surprised me a bit......

My question would be WHY would any guy want to take the other half hunting?  To me hunting is about the only time I can escape family commitment, so why bring it all with me when I want some peace and quiet for a change??  No way for me.  Women can get under a guys skin without even trying hard, so why subject myself to it the few weekends each year I want to escape everything?   No bloody way.   If they want to go hiking in the woods to enjoy nature, no problem, we can do that the rest of the year.  Hunting I will do solo.

• Like 1

My question would be WHY would any guy want to take the other half hunting?  To me hunting is about the only time I can escape family commitment, so why bring it all with me when I want some peace and quiet for a change??  No way for me.  Women can get under a guys skin without even trying hard, so why subject myself to it the few weekends each year I want to escape everything?   No bloody way.   If they want to go hiking in the woods to enjoy nature, no problem, we can do that the rest of the year.  Hunting I will do solo.

I feel the same way, don't need to hear someone talking. I love to hear earth  waking up

Hahaha ...Dear heart that goes BOTH WAYS....I'm a lone hunter ...I don't know too many archers that aren't...but I push him out the door to go to camp so I can enjoy my hunting time at home...not worrying to get back to cook dinner or him worrying about my tracking at night or me having to call and explain I'm stuck in the tree waiting for deer to move off....

That doesn't mean letting the better half learn to hunt at first shouldn't happen....she may not like hunting with you and go off on her own to enjoy it...but I can understand some guys just not liking the competition that would cause.... ;)

• Like 1

the one thing you're missing, it's not about deer season for some of us

this year I will hunt, trap or fish  around 200 days,  try leaving your family home alone that much

• Like 1

the one thing you're missing, it's not about deer season for some of us

this year I will hunt, trap or fish  around 200 days,  try leaving your family home alone that much

If you are hunting 200 days, that is not a pastime, but more like a livelihood.  There are generally 260 working days (52 weeksX 5 work days) in a year, so 200 days is far more than a pastime.

Hahaha ...Dear heart that goes BOTH WAYS....I'm a lone hunter ...I don't know too many archers that aren't...but I push him out the door to go to camp so I can enjoy my hunting time at home...not worrying to get back to cook dinner or him worrying about my tracking at night or me having to call and explain I'm stuck in the tree waiting for deer to move off....

That doesn't mean letting the better half learn to hunt at first shouldn't happen....she may not like hunting with you and go off on her own to enjoy it...but I can understand some guys just not liking the competition that would cause.... ;)

So you think Mr.B preferring to stay home is due to him being afraid of the competition, or because he finally gets some peace and quiet from his other half??  LOL