scent control

noodle one

Good ol fashioned shower with non perfumed soap combined with clothes that are also clean and fragrance free. I keep my gear in a tub with cones, pine needles, leaves, aromatic tree fruits etc

Yup..., I get up a little early & shower in the a.m. (bow season anyway) scent free soap & deodorant. Plus always keep the clothes clean & don't forget the boots. I clean my boots, with scent free soap, after every hunt. I keep my clean clothes in heavy duty trash bags.

• Like 1

this will be my first season since I was a teenager (20 years ago roughly, yikes).  I'm not quite sure what I'm doing yet, so I got a bit of everything lol.  I picked up a drybag and some earth scented wafers for clothing storage.  Scent-away laundry soap and dryer sheets.  scent-away bath soap, shampoo and deodorant, and scent-away odorless scent killer spray.  I think my biggest challenge will be my boots.  I dont have an extra $150 to spend on a decent pair of scent free / insulated rubber boots, so I'm just gonna wear my old leather, steel toe, work boots with some heavy wool socks.  I think I'm gonna douse them real good with the scent killer spray and leave them outside to dry and then stick them in the drybag with my clothes and earth scent wafers.  Hopefully that will do the trick.

scent free laundry detergent, deordorant,  body soap, spray all my clothing layers and boots, and lastly breath spray.. and if i remember ill spray my doe urine or buck bomb around my general area to help with any spots i missed lol... i think that is more than enough but I like it

• Like 1

Hunting Like every other sport has become Commercial sell products that Hunter just don't need. I Bowed hunt & gun hunt most of my big buck kills have been at 10-20yrds

1st, Air your hunting close out, get a couple big Comforter bags, take foil and I place in it cutup apple, young sappy white pine, dirt (if you could get Scrape dirt),leaves all from around my stand. Take it wrap it poke holes in it bingo, put that in the bag close it up.

2nd biggest mistake Wind direction and stand placement.

3rd Lacrosse Boots, rub deep in before you start your walkin

4th Shower to keep clean.

Edited by Huntscreek
  • Like 1

wash all my gear in dead down wind, hang it to air dry out in the woods behind the house for a couple days, then right into a Tinks scent bag for the season.  If it gets wet, dirty or even better bloody I do the process all over again.  Spray down before walking into the woods with Scent Killer from head to toe and my backpack as well. 

scent free laundry detergent, deordorant, body soap, spray all my clothing layers and boots, and lastly breath spray.. and if i remember ill spray my doe urine or buck bomb around my general area to help with any spots i missed lol... i think that is more than enough but I like it

Just make sure you dont mix up the doe urine with the breath spray! Yuck! Lol!

• Like 1

I have hunted many years and many ways the best i have found is the 99% sent killer system my wife and I are ground hunters or low stand hunters 12 16 feet off the ground wash evry thing with thier laundry soaps and dryer sheets i use sent free not the dirt sent and place it a plastic bag sealed after getting to the area spray every thing and your boots I also use buck bombs a little as im going in to the stand not alot too early or rut sents and then wait then (aim small miss small) and hang and feast good luck and be safe  

Clothing and boots always stay in a bag in the back of my truck. Spray down with homemade scent killer. Never wear my gear until i get to the spot im hunting. Sometimes spray a lil vanilla cover scent on my boots

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Just go out there and hunt, forget the rest...biggest BS I have ever heard....

While im not the biggest advocate for all the high dollar scent control items...i do think some is necessary. I understand playing the wind is huge but cant always predict if it will shift or whatnot.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Just ask your GrandPa, he will explain that to you :-) Al I'm saying is this is all commercial BS and not really rocket science especially in well populated areas.. the deer smelled everything there is to smell and they don't care.... just stay still and hunt.... just hunt....

I make my own scent killer spray. I make a gallon for what you would spend on one little bottle of commercial stuff. Either way ive been winded enough times to know that i have more confidence when using it. Just my opinion. I hunt areas where there is a good size population, and others where im sure some deer have never seen a person. Last thing i need them to smell is a strange odor. But to each his own!

Sent from Outer Space

Even as a smoker I still try to keep my scent down.  Unscented deodorant, body wash, fall blend spray.  Every little bit helps especially with pressured deer plus you have to shower and washer your clothes so why not try scent control...  Smart/Old deer have a tendency to come in down wind when cautious approach is taken.  Every little bit helps IMO... 

Even as a smoker I still try to keep my scent down. Unscented deodorant, body wash, fall blend spray. Every little bit helps especially with pressured deer plus you have to shower and washer your clothes so why not try scent control... Smart/Old deer have a tendency to come in down wind when cautious approach is taken. Every little bit helps IMO...

Same here. Im a smoker as well. Not heavy but i do smoke. I try not to smoke on the way but it happens sometimes. In that case ive heard eating an apple works to eliminate the scent in your mouth. Yeah that might be my ocd kicking in...but as i stated ive been winded enough times to know better

Sent from Outer Space

The  above with...you know how you wash the dog...and until dry it still has that wet dog odor?......well I figure humans have that too...so I always blow dry my hair...BUT....I open the bathroom window and face the dryer end toward the open window....that way I'm not embedding house odors into my clean scent free hair...I am using fresh out door air...

There was a F&S article not too long ago.  A company did a study on scent killers and cover scents using blood hounds.  The results were that the cover scents didn't slow the dog down from detecting the human at all.  The cover scents confused him for a little bit but not much.  I'll post the article if I can find it.    

scent control is the biggest scam on earth. 

lmao. You can't just make a statement like that without backing it up. Carbon is used to filter almost everything on earth, weather it scent or waste streams at a manufacturing plant. Granted you can smell like a goat if the wind is right, but I'll never forget talking with someone who couldn't figure out why he never saw a deer till he learned that he shouldn't be using his head and shoulders before hunting.

• Like 1