Insert Adhesive?

Lawdwaz

Guys/gals........... I'm having trouble keeping my inserts in my shafts.  I'd be good enough for hunting with what I have but when practicing it's a pain in the butt having insert & field point staying in my target.

I've used hot melt glue and Easton ACC shafts for years with no issues until recently. 

Thoughts??

I have been using Hot Melt Wax for many years never a problem with aluminum or carbon arrows.Make sure your inserts are not too small for the arrow ID. You want a snug fitting insert to start with.Make sure to use a Q tip with acetone on both pieces first, real acetone Not nail polish remover, it has oil in it. 

Edited by lurking

I still use the same stuff that I started out with ..... hot-melt glue. In fact some of the sticks are the one's that I originally started out with 50 years ago. I have never had an insert come out without re-applying heat. Of course I am talking only about aluminum shafts.

Hot melt glue- can be removed or re-oriented simply with heat. Because of the waxy consistency, the glue holds up to shock and shear loads.

Super-Glue and other forms of irreversible adhesives- Not known for holding up under any kind of impacts. It also is kind of permanent even when you don't want it to be. I have had times when I wanted to tune my broadheads a bit by rotating them all into the same orientation. You don't have that option if you are using some of the irreversible adhesives.

• Like 1