NY Pistol Permit Holders Should Worry

We should be very worried, look at this NYS Police Document that was leaked to the Tresmond Law firm. Read page 12 at the bottom, if you lose the right to have a NYS Pistol Permit you also lose the right to own any firearms Shotguns or Rifles included. This really looks like a way to start confiscating peoples guns. So get in a argument with your wife/girlfriend cops called, next thing you know your pistol permit is gone and then the rest of your guns.

http://imgsrv.wben.com/image/wben2/UserFiles/File/Safe_Act_Field_Guide.pdf

This is the stuff I've been trying to warn everyone about.  It's gonna get a lot worse than this too.

Doubt it if you want, but the plan is to disarm all average citizens.  Laws are being passed that will remove your 2nd Amendment rights for any minor gun infraction.  It's an end run strategy around the Constitution.

By the way, fighting this sheit in court is a losing battle, as the law puts the offense on you, not the government.

• Like 1

I live in the city so even before this they made it near impossible, time consuming and expensive to even apply. The hoops that you have to jump through just to submit an application discouraged me enough that I didn't even attempt it. I would love to go fo my permit to bring a side arm with me while hunting as well as keep in my house for protection. It's amazing how hard it is for law abiding citizens to purchase a fire arm in this state but how easy it is if you wanted to go the illegal route. And they just keep piling the laws on. Remind me again how crimals follow the law?!?!?!?!

• Like 1

Remember to leave gun offsite when you have to pick of your kid at school that is sick or have to run to the Dr. when you are carrying - or lose everything.  That would suck if you work armed security and had to directly pick up your kid for stitches and or broken limb.

I guess technically speaking, if someone starts in on you and throws punches at you, then you could lose everything too because you were involved, even as a victim.

Also just love how out-of-state police can carry as long they are here on "business"  (note it does not say police business, just business), but active military personnel on leave can't.

Edited by Two Track

surprised we haven't heard from our few liberal members on here yet telling how Obama and Dems are for the 2nd amendment and this is a Republican agenda. This country is going down the tubes quick. One good thing about living in NC is I got my conceal carry permit in no time. No waiting list just a quick backround check and I was set ! NY is one of the few states who do not reciprocate with NC or I would bring my hand guns when I head up to NY for hunting. NY the crumbling Empire State

• Like 1

surprised we haven't heard from our few liberal members on here yet telling how Obama and Dems are for the 2nd amendment and this is a Republican agenda. This country is going down the tubes quick. One good thing about living in NC is I got my conceal carry permit in no time. No waiting list just a quick backround check and I was set ! NY is one of the few states who do not reciprocate with NC or I would bring my hand guns when I head up to NY for hunting. NY the crumbling Empire State

NY does not reciprocate with ANY state. many out of state residents have mistakenly flown into the Syracuse airport, with hand guns that they possessed legally on their out of state permits. When they try to fly back home, they are in violation of NY state law, because the guns are not on a NY state permit. Their guns are then  taken, and shipped back to their home state, to an FFL where the owners can pick them up after paying all of the FFL fees (on both ends) and shipping expenses. This takes  about  3 to 6 weeks. 

But on the bright side, before the TSA and local DA's office sort of wised up, and set  this process  in place, people were being arrested for Criminal Possession of a weapon. Since they were from out of state they were immediately brought before a judge to be arraigned . So the missed flights, and had to return to NY for later court dates.....etc...

More "common sense"

NY does not reciprocate with ANY state. many out of state residents have mistakenly flown into the Syracuse airport, with hand guns that they possessed legally on their out of state permits. When they try to fly back home, they are in violation of NY state law, because the guns are not on a NY state permit. Their guns are then  taken, and shipped back to their home state, to an FFL where the owners can pick them up after paying all of the FFL fees (on both ends) and shipping expenses. This takes  about  3 to 6 weeks. 

But on the bright side, before the TSA and local DA's office sort of wised up, and set  this process  in place, people were being arrested for Criminal Possession of a weapon. Since they were from out of state they were immediately brought before a judge to be arraigned . So the missed flights, and had to return to NY for later court dates.....etc...

More "common sense"

and if I'm not mistaken, although they may not be arrested, the issuing agency will be notified of the violation and it will be up to them to take action or not........and on another note, those who apply for and are issued a pistol license, should be aware that with doing so are ultimately signing away their right to own any firearm should they ever have their pistol license revoked.

I love the family, the countryside, the changing seasons, the woods,  lakes and streams, but my God the politicians are screwing this place up. I don't know if I'll ever get out but I sure hope my kids do.

Well reading this little piece of crap, page 2 has a pretty bad paragraph. Below is the first part of the paragraph notice the nice wording NOT BEING CONVICTED OF A CRIME ? WTF

Disqualifiers will include traditional criteria, such as NOT BEING CONVICTED OF A CRIME or Serious offense, and new criteria established by the Act.