fatal shooting in NNY

bubba

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Alexandria-Bay-Man-Arrested-In-Fatal-Shooting-105789448.html

I am beating a broken drum, but bo would not have helped.  As I have stated, hunting incidents are always wrapped around illegal activity. 

According ot the other reoprts, the shooting took place at 7:10 PM.  Sunset that day was 6:10pm.

There are so many things wrong with this situation. It is stories like this that i read every year that make me rage.. First if you dont know your seasons dont hunt. Just because you dont own a muzzle loader does not give you permission to use a shotgun. If his vision was blurred by diabetes he shouldnt be hunting in the first place or at least have enough common sense to bring a supplement in case his sugar got low. The hunter safety course teaches be sure of your target and beyond. the beyond is never a definite but your target should be. Also I have had to hike out over an hour in the dusk and dark on the regular and have had oppurtunities at countless deer after shooting light. Yet I have never pulled the trigger. I have wanted to and have been tempted but how can you gaurantee good shot placement. Its unethicle and sad I hope he serves a few years up top to sit and think about his friends family. Gives us all a tarnished name. This is just my opinion but I hope you agree

I remember on the old forum, we had a pretty lively debate about allowing legal hunting hours to be extended to 1/2 hour after sunset. This guy pushed that thought even farther.....lol. Isn't it actually dark at the time this happened? It's got to be darned near it.

the latest report states the shooting actually took place at 6:50 Pm.  However the LEGal shooting hours were over at 6:08PM. By the time the shot took place, yeah it was way too dark to shoot whether your eyes were blurry or not.

Accidents are something truly unavoidable for the most part - and are very rare.

Incidents are events that are allowed to happen by clear conscious choices being made.

This one, and most hunting accidents are really incidents and should be identified as such.

Accidents are something truly unavoidable for the most part - and are very rare.

Incidents are events that are allowed to happen by clear conscious choices being made.

This one, and most hunting accidents are really incidents and should be identified as such.

Exactly....well said.

"....Terry J. Hofferberth, 43, who says he has no permanent                        address and lives with friends, was arraigned..."

Scary stuff right there, maybe he shouldn't be thinking about hunting in the first place....