2010 Best Deer (Buck or Doe) harvest success story contest (with prizes!)

HuntingNY

The 2010 season is in full swing in all areas with bow, and the rifle / shotgun season is coming up shortly. We have decided to have our first contest, a 2010 Deer (buck or doe) success story contest!  What are the rules?  The deer must have been taken this year; you must attach one or more photos to your post and a story to go along with it.  Please be as descriptive as possible, hunting stories are always a lot of fun to read, especially when one results in a harvest.  All you have to do is become a member of http://HuntingNY.com, and create a NEW post under the Hunting Success Stories section.  If you're not sure how to do that, just follow the link below and start typing your story, remember to attach a picture.  If you still need assistance just email us or post a question in the forum.  Entries must be posted to the forum by December 31st, 2010, the winners will be announced the following week after voting has been completed.  Judging will be based on the photo as well as the story, more details may follow.  Ideally we would like the members to be the judges, however depending upon the number of entries that may or may not be a possibility, so keep your eye out on this thread.

Right now the prizes are as follows...

First Place:

- KMEOutfitters.com is donating a Ka-Bar stainless steel skinning knife to the winner

- A HuntingNY.com embroidered lighted 3 LED mossy oak hunting hat (its awesome!)

- A one year subscription to one of the following magazines: Field & Stream, Petersons Bowhunting Magazine, or North American Whitetail

- Hunters Specialties Butt Out Big Game Dressing Tool

- The Can Call by Primos (Estrus Bleat)

Second Place:

- HuntingNY.com embroidered hunting camo hat

- A one year subscription to one of the following magazines: Field & Stream, Peterson's Bowhunting Magazine, or North American Whitetail

- Hunters Specialties Butt Out Big Game Dressing Tool

Have fun and be safe, and let's hear some hunting success stories.  To post your story, please click here: http://huntingny.com/forums/index.php?action=post;board=48.0 - Fill in the subject, the story, and attach a photo.

To check out the skinning knife: http://www.kmeoutfitters.com/product_info.php?products_id=19663&osCsid=280cac537fb04e1e8809696c04e4d6bb

Once I have the hats in my hand, I'll take photo's, they should be here within two weeks.

Update:  Attached pictures of the hats.

A little more on the Lighted hat:

Our LED Lighted Cap illuminates what you are looking at without having to hold a flashlight or put on a headlamp. Ultra-bright LEDs are embedded in the visor so all you have to do is press the switch and you have instant light. When you need light, just click the switch hidden in the underside of the brim and you have instant Ultra Bright Light from the LEDs that are built into the brim! 3 Ultra Bright LEDs are concealed in the front of the brim and lights up a 15 foot area bright enough to do whatever task awaits you. This exclusive 3-way lighting technology lets you select the lighting configuration you need for your specific task; Low Beam (2 under brim LED’s) for up-close tasks like Reading, Hobbies, Home Repair, etc.) High Beam ( 1 Ultra Bright LED in the brim) for distance lighting for biking, running, etc. Power Beam (all 3 LED’s) when you really want a lot of light for Walking, Camping, Grilling, etc.

post-16-131455367248_thumb.jpg

post-16-131455367263_thumb.jpg

post-16-131455367271_thumb.jpg

post-16-131455367511_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there..i dont really have much to say but i can tell ya where to go..haha..to see my video of the small 8 i took durring archery this yr..i have a channel on you tube and if you type _pat_rockets_in the search bar you can find  my videos..look for_epic_ and or _movie 0005_. Its my first hunting video kill as you will see however it wont be the last..however it may be a while till i get a new camera due to that rainy days effects on my handicam..was looking to video some night predator hunts too..bummer

Im 15. Went out the first morning with my grandfather, brother and my father. I got into my spot before light when i heard something coming in right where i walked in. I turned and got ready. I didnt have my gun up yet because i didnt know if it was a person or not. So i waited for about 5 minutes. Still hearing the noise i was getting the itch. I waited and waited. It felt like an hour. I finally caught a glimps of a head. It was a decent sized 6 point. I began to raise my gun up. I tried to look through my scope but it was fogged up. He was only about 20 yards. i slowly raised my hand up to see if i could clear the scope. Which only made it worse. so he spooked. Ran right to where my dad was sitting. He must have veard off to the swamp though because he said he never saw it. about an hour later of hearing nothing but gun shots going off through the whole mountain, i heard afew deer running through the thickets. i pulled up and got ready. the first three didnt stop. so i waited. 2 more big doe came out. the biggest one stopped at 70 yards. I pulled my 20 Gauge up, looked through the new scope my dad got me for my birthday, put it right behind her shoulder and let her have it. she jumped and bucked like a bull and took off about 30 yards and layed down for the count. I was so stoked being it was m first deer. A gut pile is a pile of happyness ill tell you.

post-1944-131455388532_thumb.jpg