Hunting Gloves recommendations

damore81

I bought a pair in 2004 from gander mountain that work good during archery and early gun, they have leather palm and camo back with velcro strap closersure at wrist they have a small amount of insulation in them. For colder temps I have fingerless glove with a fold over mitten. Good luck cold hands and fingers like cold feet make hunting unpleasant.

i like my hand warmer more than a thicker glove. but I also have one of those convertible mitten pair of gloves that allow you to wiggle your fingers around and then peel back the mitten and free your fingers to do things. I think they were like $20 at dicks. cant go wrong with a lot of the gortex stuff either.

Yup. get a nice light comfortable pair and one of these. I NEVER get cold hands when using it. I hate bulky gloves.

http://www.sears.com/mossy-oak-neoprene-hand-warmer-duck-blind-neoprene/p-SPM6443955903?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

I agree with using those fleece hand warmers instead of gloves. I've tried all kinds of gloves and no matter what they still freeze in 0-25 degrees. I can hunt without gloves using this type and if it gets cold at all I always keep a 99 cent hand warmer in the pocket to throw in there. I never waste money on gloves anymore.

Glove liners when bow hunting and put wool gloves over them during gun season.I have poor curlication get cold fast, Tryed all types only when it gets near 0 deg. I wear insulated mittens ,but the are made so you can so you can slide the part covering you fingers back and shoot your gun or whatever.

For quite a few years I could get thin synthetic gloves with the little rubber nubbies on them.  They were the cats ass for darn near everything, especially spring turkey.  They weren't that warm but gave a great purchase on a weapon, added some concealment and a little warmth.  Can't seem to find exactly what I'd like anymore.  Oh yea, they had a longer cuff than a standard jersey glove which helped hide my bronze Greek God-like skin from those wary predators. :bye:

I dont usually wear gloves when I stand hunt. I have one of those hand muff things you wear around your waist, then I put the hand warmer packs in it. My hands stay in there unless I need to do something, then I just do what I need to and put them right back in there. If I am still hunting, or coyote hunting, where I cant keep my hands in the muff, I have some mid weight goretex gloves.

• Like 1

I prefer to not wear gloves because I like the more dexterity I have not wearing them. With that said, if it's really cold, I have a pair of under armor liner gloves that are long cuffed and work amazing, keep my hands warm and still can feel like I'm not even wearing gloves. I really like my hand warmer sock thingy and keep my hands in there.

Wore them during bow a couple day ago when it was cold. Loved the long cuffs because it allows me to tuck my long sleeve shirt in the cuff that goes up like 5 inches and keeps the shirt skin tight and out of the way from my bow shot.

Hey Culver,

Do you have the name when i click the link the page doesn't load

For some reason the item isn't availabe from them anymore...

Try this one. Same thing, different label. This is the one I have but mine doesn't have the shell holders. Would be a nice feature.

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Deluxe-Hand-Warmer-Shell-Belt/product/81322/?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&om_mmc=shopping_googleproductextensions&kpid=81322