Hit a good one,

wheelieman

With a group of guys I bet you'll get it done, hope you find him and that the yotes stayed away...

I left this 6-8 point overnight 4yrs ago after a big thunder storm came in 1.5 hours into my track job, it was already after dark when I had to stop...first thing next morning I followed the sound of the crows down the trail I saw him go down and found him like this:

post-1622-0-25959800-1384006368_thumb.jp

Yotes had chewed the head off at the neck and took it for a prize, they also dug into the ass combined with the blood getting into the backstraps that left me pretty much nothing but shanks and shoulders.  I have not left one overnight since.

Edited by Meat Manager

well finally got ahold of the landowner of where the buck went and he gave me permission to go look, we found really good blood today and im hoping he isnt to far away from where we stopped tracking, Only thing is the landowner didnt call me back until 7:30 tonight, Deer search still hasnt called me back, I know i will never call them again, Im glad i got permission to go look i just hope it doesnt rain, I dont believe the meats any good anymore, But i still would like to have the rack, Thanks if i find him ill post pics

Ill put my tag on the buck, i wont trespass i cant stand it when people do it to me who am i to do it to them,  If he is there i hope to find him and ill tag that deer with out hesitation, i shot him and i want to be able to say i did, Its about the animal i need to know is he alive or is he dead, i wont stop until i find him or somebody says i cant look, 

• Like 1

Ill put my tag on the buck, i wont trespass i cant stand it when people do it to me who am i to do it to them, If he is there i hope to find him and ill tag that deer with out hesitation, i shot him and i want to be able to say i did, Its about the animal i need to know is he alive or is he dead, i wont stop until i find him or somebody says i cant look,

I understand you not wanting to trespass, but you sort of contradict yourself when you say it's all about the deer. You took its life and can now use none of it.

I think you should have had the tracking situation worked out with your neighbor before the season...

At the end of the day most of us have lost deer in archery, even in gun.

This is why I say shoot does early and often if you have the tags, good start to finish live practice for when a stud like this arrives.

An ethical hunter asks himself "Do I feel like I did my best considering the circumstances to recover the deer?"

If no, then learn and do better next time, if yes then learn from it and move on. One less on a pregnant ladies windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager

ok so im supposed to trespass on property that i have to talk to the landowner first in order to go on, How many people on here complain daily of people trespassing, Just because there is blood does not give me the right to go where i please, I do have this situation worked out ahead of time and this land owner wants to be there when i go on his property, I dont think its to much to follow the rules laid out by adjoining landowners If i piss him off now is he gonna extend the same courtesy in the future, We noticed where the deer went and i called the land owner left a message and waited for him to call me back, The thing about this forum is there are a lot of opinions but some of you guys im so glad im not hunting near, You think its ok to go where you want and do whatever it takes, I personally dont believe that a deer no matter how big is worth getting a ticket or worse, Im not contradicting my self when i say its about the animal, but at the same time we still need to make sure that we follow the rules and try our best to make hunters look good even in a bad situation like when a deer goes farther than we can, Just saying, Maybe it doesnt mean much now but i know respecting the landowners wishes will pay off in the long run, Just sayin

• Like 13

wheelie man I hope you find the deer.  Do not let the arm chair hunters here discourage you for doing it right.  I bet most hunters would give up not say anything and go after another one.  I respect your follow up and taking the deer even if it is not fit for consumption any longer.  That is what an ethical hunter does.  Good luck

• Like 8

ok so im supposed to trespass on property that i have to talk to the landowner first in order to go on, How many people on here complain daily of people trespassing, Just because there is blood does not give me the right to go where i please, I do have this situation worked out ahead of time and this land owner wants to be there when i go on his property, I dont think its to much to follow the rules laid out by adjoining landowners If i piss him off now is he gonna extend the same courtesy in the future, We noticed where the deer went and i called the land owner left a message and waited for him to call me back, The thing about this forum is there are a lot of opinions but some of you guys im so glad im not hunting near, You think its ok to go where you want and do whatever it takes, I personally dont believe that a deer no matter how big is worth getting a ticket or worse, Im not contradicting my self when i say its about the animal, but at the same time we still need to make sure that we follow the rules and try our best to make hunters look good even in a bad situation like when a deer goes farther than we can, Just saying, Maybe it doesnt mean much now but i know respecting the landowners wishes will pay off in the long run, Just sayin

If you know you might lose a deer because of your neighbor situation; than why are you hunting it? Seems like a gamble that could and did end up with you losing a deer. I never said trespass, but to just "hope" the owner is home is an awful silly way to waste an animals life. But hey, you can still pose for pics and get the rack? That's all that counts... At least according to Bubba.

Edited by Belo

well said sir. Don't make apologies for following the law and being respectful to your neighbors especially to some on this forum.

X2. Dont let the so called "elite" run ya down. Its pretty easy for them to do it from behind a computer. You followed the law and respected a landowners wishes...there is nothing wrong in any of that.

• Like 1

Belo..... your arm chairing a bit too much...what he did is right..and yes it is all about the deer trying to find the out come good or bad as far as meat recovery....but also on a buck the rack..in coyote country to be honest he probably lost the meat the first night any ways..and with the neighbor..hey I have a strict rule you call FIRST EVERY TIME that is why my posted signs have my cell # printed on them....he was right to wait...I over the years have had 2 nice buck taken ...saw them on the neighbors property wht belly...no cells then and went to get permission ..to find them taken...still I would not trespass to recover...though all neighbors home and  Cell #'s..even some work #'s are in my phone now..

Some times doing the right thing doesn't have the end results one wants...but that doesn't mean you stop doing it...