Hit a good one,

wheelieman

I got out of my stand this morning and decided to take a walk thru the corn, But as i was headed to the corn field i noticed a good buck at the end of the hay field, So i decided to see if i could stalk him, I got to within 40 yds Waited for the broad side shot, put my forty on him and released, the arrow hit him in the front leg but pinned it to his chest and the only thing sticking out was the fletching, He took off running the arrow broke in half and the broad head is destroyed the front half was laying where i hit him, The fletch end was laying 20 yds away and that was covered in blood, But as for sign i cant find any and then it rained, I called deer search i hope they get ahold of me soon, Sorry to wine on here just needed to vent, 

post-2347-0-28284300-1383943435_thumb.jp

From the description I would say that deer is deader than a doornail probably within 20-100 yds from the last arrow segment.

The fact that the front half of the arrow was out first most likely means it was a ribcage pass through that lodged on the opposite leg until he broke it off when he took off, if that is the case that is double lung and probably heart.

You might consider doing concentric circles from the last blood, even if you dont find blood you should find the deer...get down on all fours and look down every trail, you will see a white belly and/or big horns sooner or later.

Sounds like a perfect shot, just need a recovery for an awesome buck.  Good Luck!

Edited by Meat Manager
  • Like 1

if it did what i think it did and how you said and it GOT THE PENETRATION, id say that deer piled up not extremely far from that shot. if the on side leg was back and the off side just fwd like in mid step id say you buried him if it got into him. i just hope it wasnt to low...

what time was the shot and how far did you look after the shot? i would have gave him time and slipped back in a few hours later just to be on he safe side. if the shot hit its mark that deer didnt go to far so i would sweep the area.

i hope you find him! hes a stud!