Hit a good one,

wheelieman

Who is anyone to judge anyone on hunting tactics. To each there own.

Good luck - shoot straight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree with this. But this is an Internet forum. So let's be honest, we bs and debate stuff here. If you didn't want to "be judged" you should keep your business private. If you publicize your stuff on the net, don't get butt hurt when someone calls you out.

• Like 1

any thread that starts out with "Deer down", "Hit a good one", "Big Buck down", or any of the other classics, that isn't accompanied with a photo or a confirmed recovery, should be immediately deleted..................

why? The 1st Ammendment also protects your right to make a fool out of yourself...lol

• Like 1

any thread that starts out with "Deer down", "Hit a good one", "Big Buck down", or any of the other classics, that isn't accompanied with a photo or a confirmed recovery, should be immediately deleted..................

There are a slew of reasons not to delete them. The first being that they are not violating any of the forum rules. The second being that there are probably ALOT of people that actually learn lessons from them. Lots of good advice and tips for tracking, etc are brought out in most of them. Gotta take the good with the bad.

• Like 7

I started a shot one thread, only difference was I saw my buck bite it 40 yards away. The other members have a right to post as they wish, whether the recovery was made or not it's something the hunter has to live with. May it be a reminder to all this happens. Maybe other will see the need to put as much effort as they can into that shot.

Wow!  Some of you guys are unreal.  This forum is suppose to be for support and place to vent to others during a successful hunt and sometimes an unfortunate hunt.

Sometimes things are out of our control and circumstances happen we have no control over.

Wheelieman, you did ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong and I admire you for how you conducted yourself.  Even more so, I admire how you handle yourself on this site.  These guys that find fault with what you did and are so incredible hard on you is Insane, actually sad!  Someone above in this forum  already mentioned Veterans Day, this is a day to remember the loved ones that allow us to go hunt everyday.  REALITY CHECK!!!

Edited by Taylormike
  • Like 3

I started a shot one thread, only difference was I saw my buck bite it 40 yards away. The other members have a right to post as they wish, whether the recovery was made or not it's something the hunter has to live with. May it be a reminder to all this happens. Maybe other will see the need to put as much effort as they can into that shot.

I wasn't being serious......but, it does seem like bad luck to have your deer dead and hanging before you actually have your hands on it..........

• Like 2

To each his own... Like wny said, it's nice to have others chime in and perhaps shed light on the track or even add some advise for the hunter who shot. Any bit of help is good.

Some post after the shot and some don't, 6 of one half dozen of the other...

You called me out for "wounding deer". Figured I'd set you straight.

actually i said i bet you are one of those guys who looks for a half hour and gives up. I never dsid you did. I said i bet you would. Big difference. Just like you said i wanted to allow guns in archery season for disabled people.

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

Wow!  Some of you guys are unreal.  This forum is suppose to be for support and place to vent to others during a successful hunt and sometimes an unfortunate hunt.

Sometimes things are out of our control and circumstances happen we have no control over.

Wheelieman, you did ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong and I admire you for how you conducted yourself.  Even more so, I admire how you handle yourself on this site.  These guys that find fault with what you did and are so incredible hard on you is Insane, actually sad!  Someone above in this forum  already mentioned Veterans Day, this is a day to remember the loved ones that allow us to go hunt everyday.  REALITY CHECK!!!

Agree'd.  I've lost a deer before, it happens. 

Taylormike,

I do not think anyone is claiming he did anything wrong. The concern was that perhaps he could have planned better. Yes sh!t happens and it's unfortunate. Given the story from the original post that deer should not have gone far, so some of us question shooting it where he did and knowing a head of time he may not be able to recover. I think that's a little different than a bad shot where a deer travels farther than normal. I support the veterans 100% and have a family rich in military service, but I'm not sure what that has to do with deer hunting. If you don't want to be analyzed, don't hang your laundry out for everyone to see.

This is rediculous! He feels terrible about losing a trophy deer and seems honest and respectful and many others just try to make it worse. Making others feel worse in a bad situation is a very horrible character trait. Like all our mothers told us, "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything".

I learned quickly that if you bow hunt you are going to hit deer poorly and there is a good chance you might not recover, it's part of the game.

I wish you best of luck finding that deer. Had a similar situation last season on a very big buck. I know no one feels worse than you.

Everyone should look at stats about the number of deer involved in car accidents. Should we all stop driving?

• Like 2

the two things I learned from this forum are, don't post about killing a deer until you have it in hand and the second is that some folks get ripped about shooting and losing a deer while others can do the same and not get half as much grief about doing the same

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 1

This is rediculous! He feels terrible about losing a trophy deer and seems honest and respectful and many others just try to make it worse. Making others feel worse in a bad situation is a very horrible character trait. Like all our mothers told us, "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything".

I learned quickly that if you bow hunt you are going to hit deer poorly and there is a good chance you might not recover, it's part of the game.

I wish you best of luck finding that deer. Had a similar situation last season on a very big buck. I know no one feels worse than you.

Everyone should look at stats about the number of deer involved in car accidents. Should we all stop driving?

What!?

We are all still waiting for pics. He should have found the deer with the neighbor by now. Wasted meat of not; where's the rack?

Assuming you will hit deer poorly with a bow is a piss poor excuse. Do pro athletes assume they're going to play bad before a game? No you prepare to do your best. And if it happens, you learn from it and get better.

If you're new to the internet you need to understand that you can't just post without some calling you out on occasion.

Never said he did wrong... and apologize if it seemed that way.

Just want him to get the deer...we are with him emotionally...but the neighbor /landowner must know in the future the waiting for a call back is not acceptable...people are different in opinions... but we don't have a week to find a deer...and we don't blame that on you. Still hoping to see this deer .....

the two things I learned from this forum are, don't post about killing a deer until you have it in hand and the second is that some folks get ripped about shooting and losing a deer while others can do the same and not get half as much grief about doing the same

Even when you think you have done everything right and are successful, be careful about too much detail. Any little thing that can be picked apart will be eagerly attacked by some of the buzzards that get into a feeding frenzy here....lol.

If I were him, I would not respond again either.  The worst are the chameleons.  Say one thing as the tide goes that way then when it changes, jump on the other side.  Then when you say something, you are attacking them.  They just like to keep the boiling pot of crap stirred is all.  

• Like 4

Technology plays a big role on these early reports. It looks like it is not the case here because it seems he posted from home that evening. I look at it this way: You hit a deer and it runs off. What to do? give it some time and then go look. In the past you might of gotten down and went to get a buddy to help look. These days your in your stand and you start to tell the world with texting even before you know what the outcome will be. It's natural this day and age, news is instantaneously. While posting what happened you open yourself to all kind of ridicule. It's sad but that is just the way it goes, from the school kid who gets bullied on instagram to the hunter on hauntingly.com. 

ok so on sunday morning i had two buddies both shoot deer and needed help with the recovery so i went and helped them, We found both animals and then we went and looked for my buck again, 100 yds into the track we found his first bed and the we jumped him, He took of at a good clip limping hard on his right front leg, we watched him go 3 hundred yds across an open bean field, and he disappeared out of sight when he swam the outlet, So im thinking he isnt hurt as bad as i thought,

Second Belo i really dont care what you think or even what your thoughts on this subject are, this entire post has been filled with nothing but ignorant horrible comments from you, I had the scenario worked out i just had to call and wait for a response, But then again if you couldnt understand that from my previous posts, You are not intelligent enough to understand much, You can continue with personal attacks against my decision, But seeing as you dont know anything about me you truly have no clue what your running your mouth about, You have no clue how close to property lines i was when i took the shot and you have no clue on how much time myself and friends took to look for this deer, The original post said sorry just venting, Its all it was, I do thank everybody else on here who realize that things happen that are beyond are control and have supported my decisions and understand, Again thank you i would be glad to help any of you anytime, Most of you seem like great people, But Belo you are a horrible person and just so you know you truly are clueless, I hope you never have the same problem i just did, Being as your perfect i really dont understand how that could happen, But hey i would even help you if you needed it because thats how i am, Again thank you everybody for the support,  I learned some important things this year and i will not allow the negativity of one person ruin my decision to stay a law abiding citizen who cares about the wishes of landowners around me, Again thank you for the support, 

• Like 11