Hit a good one,

wheelieman

Read this thread for the first time, just now.

I am glad that you were able to follow up the track and get some resolution on this buck.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with Deer Search. We had @25 tracking calls that came in Friday night & Saturday morning. I took 2 tracking calls Saturday and found one buck. Others members were out tracking, too and more calls came in all day.

We get a flood of calls like that and we know the rut is in full swing.

However, Just too few of us trackers to keep up with the demand of calls. We try to call everyone back but it is not always as timely as one would like when you have a deer wounded. We want to talk to the hunter and get details. This helps us decide which calls to take...get a better idea as to which deer are recoverable or still alive.

A shoulder shot with no pass thru and 1 lung....not a good call. A misplaced arrow a little far back....dead deer that should be recoverable.

I only took the 2 calls I went on because I already tagged a nice buck in October...or I Would of been hunting.

Never said he did wrong... and apologize if it seemed that way.

Just want him to get the deer...we are with him emotionally...but the neighbor /landowner must know in the future the waiting for a call back is not acceptable...people are different in opinions... but we don't have a week to find a deer...and we don't blame that on you. Still hoping to see this deer .....

Well I wouldn't suggest he tells the landowner THAT, because if someone told me that my not calling them back right away so they can go on MY land is "not acceptable" I would probably tell them to go scratch and they would NOT be accessing my land. The landowner has every right to allow or not allow him to get his deer. I have seen landowners not let people retrieve a deer simply because they disapprove of hunting.  It's one of those touchy situations this fella's in. If the landowner isn't willing to allow you to go on his land without a "call back" or without him being there I would seek other places to hang my stands to avoid the situation altogether. Another option is to call Encon, if you are familiar with your LEO's, and he's willing to help you, they are excellent at convincing even non-hunters to allow someone to retrieve a wounded deer (and usually they are willing to help you out if they are not busy, I know the ones in my area couldn't be nicer).

Thanks for posting a follow up.  Glad you got eyes on him and know he is running (or limping) around.  Get that gun out and go after him this weekend!  

Don't pay attention to the negative comments.  Not every shot is perfect and not every deer is found.  Just because you shoot and miss or shoot and wound does not automatically mean you are careless.  It happens to the best.  We, as hunters, have a responsibility not only to the safety of other hunters but also to make sure we harvest animals in a very ethical and humane way.   We wait and take that perfect shot but there are always other factors that come in to play.   There are people out there who give us all a bad name and a lot of times people jump to conclusions not fully knowing the whole situation.  You were the one in the situation and you know what lines you can walk and what you can't.  

Bets of luck this season! 

• Like 1

ok so on sunday morning i had two buddies both shoot deer and needed help with the recovery so i went and helped them, We found both animals and then we went and looked for my buck again, 100 yds into the track we found his first bed and the we jumped him, He took of at a good clip limping hard on his right front leg, we watched him go 3 hundred yds across an open bean field, and he disappeared out of sight when he swam the outlet, So im thinking he isnt hurt as bad as i thought,

Second Belo i really dont care what you think or even what your thoughts on this subject are, this entire post has been filled with nothing but ignorant horrible comments from you, I had the scenario worked out i just had to call and wait for a response, But then again if you couldnt understand that from my previous posts, You are not intelligent enough to understand much, You can continue with personal attacks against my decision, But seeing as you dont know anything about me you truly have no clue what your running your mouth about, You have no clue how close to property lines i was when i took the shot and you have no clue on how much time myself and friends took to look for this deer, The original post said sorry just venting, Its all it was, I do thank everybody else on here who realize that things happen that are beyond are control and have supported my decisions and understand, Again thank you i would be glad to help any of you anytime, Most of you seem like great people, But Belo you are a horrible person and just so you know you truly are clueless, I hope you never have the same problem i just did, Being as your perfect i really dont understand how that could happen, But hey i would even help you if you needed it because thats how i am, Again thank you everybody for the support, I learned some important things this year and i will not allow the negativity of one person ruin my decision to stay a law abiding citizen who cares about the wishes of landowners around me, Again thank you for the support,

I'm a horrible person because I called you out on the internet? Get some thicker skin buddy, not everyone gets a trophy in life. And next time you call out someone's intelligence check your grammar first.

Congrats on injuring a nice buck and enjoy your life.

I'm a horrible person because I called you out on the internet? Get some thicker skin buddy, not everyone gets a trophy in life. And next time you call out someone's intelligence check your grammar first.

Belo chased me away from this site last year after I admitted I cleanly missed 4 in archer last year and only harvested 1. Btw I harvested 2 in gun last year and 15 total in the past 6 years hunting by myself without help in ny.

Well this year I have four harvested in archey and I keep looking for all Belo's deer (sure seems to see alot) but I'm not finding them posted anywhere?!? Hmm?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager

What!?

We are all still waiting for pics. He should have found the deer with the neighbor by now. Wasted meat of not; where's the rack?

Assuming you will hit deer poorly with a bow is a piss poor excuse. Do pro athletes assume they're going to play bad before a game? No you prepare to do your best. And if it happens, you learn from it and get better.

If you're new to the internet you need to understand that you can't just post without some calling you out on occasion.

No one said you go out thinking about making poor shots but you understand they happen. As for the pro athlete analogy you don't go out thinking your going to loose but you know it happens. Look at how many times struck out...don't think he went to the plate thinking he was going to.

As for the Internet call out everyone you want that's your choice. My question is why do you feel the need to do it? Your right I don't post a lot of personal achievements on the web because I get satisfaction within myself and try to avoid negative people but if it makes you feel better keep on doing it.

Belo chased me away from this site last year after I admitted I cleanly missed 4 in archer last year and only harvested 1. Btw I harvested 2 in gun last year and 15 total in the past 6 years hunting by myself without help in ny.

Well this year I have four harvested in archey and I keep looking for all Belo's deer (sure seems to see alot) but I'm not finding them posted anywhere?!? Hmm?!?

You missed 4 deer dude! Come on. I'll post mine later today. Quality not quantity. I don't need 4 deer to feed my family of 3. I kill what I'll eat.

You missed 4 deer dude! Come on. I'll post mine later today. Quality not quantity. I don't need 4 deer to feed my family of 3. I kill what I'll eat.

True, and it was an end of archery round up where I was openly evaluating my mistakes and what I needed to work on, namely getting my distances down from the treestand. 

People post stuff here for looking for help, again I moved here 6 years ago and have taught myself how to archery hunt, and become a much better deer hunter in general.  I came upon this site when I was trying to learn, it has helped, but I think I do better when I leave it to the Live from the Stand and Harvest Report Threads...Everywhere else is open season for Haters...

Which brings me to you belo, you seem to know a pretty good amount of info, but you convey it often in an abrasive way (which we all do from time to time, me probably more than others).  I only shoot what my family can eat too, but that includes my extended family and this year my grandfather who usually harvest 3 or 4 himself has cancer and can not hunt.

I'm gonna get myself into another battle I don't want, I'm gonna try to keep to the Live thread and Harvest thread.

Edited by Meat Manager

That's the thing about internet forums, people type things they most likely wouldn't say to someone's face. And often, like in this case, they jump to all sorts of conclusions and make assumptions in their follow up posts.  Spins things way off topic.

As a landowner, I have had people tell me they were tracking wounded deer onto my posted property when they were not.  So again, the actions of a minority "ruin it" for everyone else.  Now I won't let anyone on my property without me being there.  It's very simple.

Wheelieman, thanks for posting all the follow up info.

Edited by mt624
  • Like 1

Read this thread for the first time, just now.

I am glad that you were able to follow up the track and get some resolution on this buck.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with Deer Search. We had @25 tracking calls that came in Friday night & Saturday morning. I took 2 tracking calls Saturday and found one buck. Others members were out tracking, too and more calls came in all day.

We get a flood of calls like that and we know the rut is in full swing.

However, Just too few of us trackers to keep up with the demand of calls. We try to call everyone back but it is not always as timely as one would like when you have a deer wounded. We want to talk to the hunter and get details. This helps us decide which calls to take...get a better idea as to which deer are recoverable or still alive.

A shoulder shot with no pass thru and 1 lung....not a good call. A misplaced arrow a little far back....dead deer that should be recoverable.

I only took the 2 calls I went on because I already tagged a nice buck in October...or I Would of been hunting.

Deer search made the right decision to take other calls. Had they took this one, someone else may not have recovered their deer. When the demand is more than the supply of resources, its only logical to choose to pursue the highest of possibilities for a recovery. Not a lot understand this, but if I am ever in need of their volunteer services, I'll be grateful that they come out and won't begrudge them for being too busy.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 2

Well I wouldn't suggest he tells the landowner THAT, because if someone told me that my not calling them back right away so they can go on MY land is "not acceptable" I would probably tell them to go scratch and they would NOT be accessing my land. The landowner has every right to allow or not allow him to get his deer. I have seen landowners not let people retrieve a deer simply because they disapprove of hunting. It's one of those touchy situations this fella's in. If the landowner isn't willing to allow you to go on his land without a "call back" or without him being there I would seek other places to hang my stands to avoid the situation altogether. Another option is to call Encon, if you are familiar with your LEO's, and he's willing to help you, they are excellent at convincing even non-hunters to allow someone to retrieve a wounded deer (and usually they are willing to help you out if they are not busy, I know the ones in my area couldn't be nicer).

Excellent advice. Pays big to know your ECO.

No, you're a horrible person because you made assumptions before the whole story came out. You should of waited and then let the bashing begin. You sir, single handedly ruined a perfectly bash-potential thread.

BTW, intelligence comes in many forms, not all of them in the form of grammar. Although, having good grammar helps in convincing others of their schooling.

Isn't Deer Search a volunteer service or am I wrong? How can anyone criticize a free service?

I can say I called once and never heard a word, it just kinda shakes any faith in them for the future.

Do I understand they are busy? Yes... Is it irritating to be in the situation to begin with, and further irritation when you hear nothing after breaking down and calling, also yes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk