Big Bear

bryabbio

Not saying it is real or not but as for the ATV it looks like my Honda rancher which is a straight axle not independent suspension so the axle would stay straight also looks like the ATV is sagging in the rear

I can say if I shot a bear like that I would wait till rigamortis set in before I went looking for it

I don't propose to debate on if the photo is real, fake, or whatever... but as someone that studies taxidermy and has dabbled... that's no taxidermy/not stuffed.

I can also say as someone that knows my way around Photoshop professionally, if that's a photoshop job, then someone spent a lot of time on the image,  to simply to try and fool some people.

• Like 1

I always wonder where the person is that shot it or why someone else there would not be in the pic... like the trophy roadkills/harvest that pop up every year.. If I hit it iI would be in the pic, and never licence plates in view either... I couldn't lift a 400 lb bear last year with 5 guys 3foot off the ground let alone hold in place to strap it. Took all we could to roll it into bucket of the tractor.. just doesn't add up to me.

There was a 660# bear on ADK Hunter last year or the year before. It's no longer in their archives though. I think it was from Schroon or Long Lake. That wheeler in the picture looks freighted big time, and the legs are pushing the fender in on it too. It looks mighty stiff though with the legs stretched like that. My buddy just got a bear that went 350 dressed out and it sat out overnight in a frosty night. I will try to make a post with pics soon. Four guys could barely load it into a pickup.

My buddy's dragged their bear out of a swamp with not a tree around to make it worth their while to use a come along. 

I've made tripods out of logs for hoisting hogs. A hatchet and a 4ft length of chain and that sucker would've been 4' off the ground in about 15 minutes. A simple fulcrum and lever can be useful too

Hey guys sorry for the delay, I have been putting a lot of time in to the woods in hopes of getting a deer this year. But on to the subject matter about the bear I have received a little more info about the bear. as I said it was taken in Bethel NY. The bear was weighed at 604#s. It was taken by a local taxidermist. The quad is a king rancher. I know the guys name who shot it and it was not my boss's husband. She explained it a little weird but he was in the party that helped put it on the quad and transfer it to the back of the mans truck. I am not going to give the shooters name because I do not feel it is my duty to do so. Sorry.

I meant to type Bethel in the first post but my phone did not recognize it and put bethe. I know the pic doesn't do this animal any justice, as for its weight I am only going on what she has sent me. As for this pic it is the only one she has sent me. I have asked for others to make it more reliable but she has not sent me any.

I am trying to get more pics. I texted her at 7pm and she has not responded. like i said i know the guys name, but i do not feel it would be respectful for me to disclose this information. I wish I could just say his name but I do not feel like its appropriate for me to do so.