Shooting the biggest guns money can buy

Knob Creek,. I want to get down one of these years. I went to one 4 years in a row up in Maine. It was a rush to watch and even more fun the two years I bought a firing line pass and shot some of the guns. They had one session that was suppressed fire. Some of the silencers were great. One 22lr all you could hear was the action slamming on the cycle and the bullet hitting the target. At night they had a whole session and it was tracers galore. These guys had more than every fifth round. must have been tough on the barrels but it was like a star wars movie. the tracers looked like lasers..

I saw one demo with a trailer mounted double mini gun. It took a bus and in minutes sliced it like a loaf of bread

• Like 1

I shot a tripod mounted Ma Deuce. It was $2 a round. cycle time wasn't as fast as I expected but boy it reached out there.

Shot the M-60, and old water cooled WW1 british, Thompson with a full drum. bunch of other small hand held. But my absolute favorite was a MG-42. I can't imagine our soldiers heading straight into that thing in WW 2. When you got past the cool factor and really think about being on either end of these weapons it gave my goosebumps and an awesome appreciation for what the soldiers are really made of.

You are my hero, Culver...

The only full auto firearms I have ever fired were a Thompson ( in the Navy) and an AR 180 and Mac 10 that a friend who had a class 4 license had in PA...

I'd love to shoot an MG 42 or 34 , a Bren Gun and a BAR...On my ship we had Thompsons, BAR's and an air cooled Browning .30, but only the gunner's mates got to shoot the BARs and the .30AC...

We also had half a dozen parkerized M12 Winchester trench guns, complete with ventilated cooling sleeves and bayonet lugs... I'd love to have one of THOSE today.

never attended a machine gun type of shoot or fired something like a 50 bmg sniper rifle.  I'm sure it's a heck of a time.  I can't imagine shooting a pod mounted "mini-gun" (first gun in the video).  it's a shame some think you'd be a lunatic for wanting to attend something like this.  I bet even a person not into guns could go and enjoy themselves.  just learning history associated with each gun, the experience, and see them in action has to be appreciated. 

I'm very pleasantly surprised this piece had such a positive slant towards the people at the event.  "VICE" is produced by Bill Maher, I'm glad they didn't try to spin the piece into being something more political than the pure enjoyment it seems to be.