Time to boycott A & E

Catskill Hunter

Something i discoverd in life. In order to talk as much smack about another race u simply have to mary into the culture or sub culture. My first wife was trini affording me the right to make carribean jokes at will. Second wife asian affording me the right to make limited asiain jokes. My next wife will be either irish german or scotisj cause i love red heds and there are alotta jokes i want immunity to. So if i can find a mut all the better. Make her jewish and its win win.

I will eventually settle with a brazilian because hey they just all around sexy.

As far as a&e goes. Oh well thus thread aint talkin bout that no more.

I'm curious Elmo and Shawn. Do you agree with what A&E did? Do you feel they need to be knocked down a peg? That's pretty hypocritical if you do. This has nothin to do with race. There are anti and pro-gay within all races. I'm not sure why this turned to race? For the record, I do not share his views.

#1.  I'm a supporter of gay rights.  I don't see why they can't live the way they live since it doesn't interfere with my life.  You certainly don't have to worry about them stealing your date.  Those who think it'll ruin the image of marriage for children should do more parenting themselves instead of letting TV do the parenting for them.  Kim Kardashian has done worst to traditional marriage than a devoted gay couple.  I've watched a bunch of horror flicks when I grew up and you don't see me going around hacking people up and emulating them.

#2.  I do think TV can be a nice influence.  I read in Psychology Today magazine that a child needs 3 people to look up to.  The mother, the father, and a third hero figure.  I do wish people in media takes more of a step further and be better role models.  That said, doing so is a gift and a charity.  You can't force anyone to do so and they aren't necessarily bad for not doing so.

#3  I support the 1st Amendment.  I don't necessarily agree with Phil Robertson but I have no problem with him saying it.  So I think A&E was wrong to can him.  I think what was done to Don Imus is even worst because Don Imus is a comedian.  You expected him to make jokes.

Finally, I'll state again.  My "knocked down a peg" comment is being taken out of context again.  Never did I say I'm glad it happened.  Two wrongs don't make a right.  My response was to the statement that Caucasians have it the worst and I was simply saying just because they got knocked down a peg or two still does not put them any where near the worst.

Just curious...does anyone else think that maybe these guys have had enough of being TV stars, and maybe the fallout from the patriarch's comments is exactly the spark they need to get out of their contract with A & E? I know I certainly wouldn't want my life under a microscope 24/7, scripted or not.  I doubt they need the money at this point.

Fwiw, people are bullied for various reasons. Race is just one of them. Look at all the rich suburban white kids who have shot up schools. They were bullied too. I understand your points, but you're not going to get a shoulder to cry on from me. People are mean and will figure a way to "knock you down" for various reasons. I'm not saying it's right because it isn't but it's reality. Honestly I can't relate. I was rarely if at all bullied but I've seen it. I actually tried my best to stop it where I could because that's how I was raised. In reality a lot of the bullies turned out to be losers. Karma I guess.

I see.  So you're saying that even if I spoke perfect English at the time and was of the same ethnicity I would still have been the target of jokes and bullying and the neighbors would still want us out of there?

And I was never asking for a shoulder to cry on.  I'm doing just fine in my life, thank you very much.

Just curious...does anyone else think that maybe these guys have had enough of being TV stars, and maybe the fallout from the patriarch's comments is exactly the spark they need to get out of their contract with A & E? I know I certainly wouldn't want my life under a microscope 24/7, scripted or not. I doubt they need the money at this point.

Bingo. I think this was their way out. I think a move to a better paying deal is just what was in mind. 200k per episode for the whole family is small change for th popularity they have.

#1.  I'm a supporter of gay rights.  I don't see why they can't live the way they live since it doesn't interfere with my life.  You certainly don't have to worry about them stealing your date.  Those who think it'll ruin the image of marriage for children should do more parenting themselves instead of letting TV do the parenting for them.  Kim Kardashian has done worst to traditional marriage than a devoted gay couple.  I've watched a bunch of horror flicks when I grew up and you don't see me going around hacking people up and emulating them.

#2.  I do think TV can be a nice influence.  I read in Psychology Today magazine that a child needs 3 people to look up to.  The mother, the father, and a third hero figure.  I do wish people in media takes more of a step further and be better role models.  That said, doing so is a gift and a charity.  You can't force anyone to do so and they aren't necessarily bad for not doing so.

#3  I support the 1st Amendment.  I don't necessarily agree with Phil Robertson but I have no problem with him saying it.  So I think A&E was wrong to can him.  I think what was done to Don Imus is even worst because Don Imus is a comedian.  You expected him to make jokes.

Finally, I'll state again.  My "knocked down a peg" comment is being taken out of context again.  Never did I say I'm glad it happened.  Two wrongs don't make a right.  My response was to the statement that Caucasians have it the worst and I was simply saying just because they got knocked down a peg or two still does not put them any where near the worst.

My 3 role models would be mom, dad and definitely Bugs Bunny!!

#1. I'm a supporter of gay rights. I don't see why they can't live the way they live since it doesn't interfere with my life. You certainly don't have to worry about them stealing your date. Those who think it'll ruin the image of marriage for children should do more parenting themselves instead of letting TV do the parenting for them. Kim Kardashian has done worst to traditional marriage than a devoted gay couple. I've watched a bunch of horror flicks when I grew up and you don't see me going around hacking people up and emulating them.

#2. I do think TV can be a nice influence. I read in Psychology Today magazine that a child needs 3 people to look up to. The mother, the father, and a third hero figure. I do wish people in media takes more of a step further and be better role models. That said, doing so is a gift and a charity. You can't force anyone to do so and they aren't necessarily bad for not doing so.

#3 I support the 1st Amendment. I don't necessarily agree with Phil Robertson but I have no problem with him saying it. So I think A&E was wrong to can him. I think what was done to Don Imus is even worst because Don Imus is a comedian. You expected him to make jokes.

Finally, I'll state again. My "knocked down a peg" comment is being taken out of context again. Never did I say I'm glad it happened. Two wrongs don't make a right. My response was to the statement that Caucasians have it the worst and I was simply saying just because they got knocked down a peg or two still does not put them any where near the worst.

Appreciate the answer. And honestly I agree with most if what you said.

I see. So you're saying that even if I spoke perfect English at the time and was of the same ethnicity I would still have been the target of jokes and bullying and the neighbors would still want us out of there?

And I was never asking for a shoulder to cry on. I'm doing just fine in my life, thank you very much.

Sure. Many perfect English speaking kids are bullied daily. Maybe they're fat or short or ginger. That was my point. People hate on those that are either different or that they're jealous of. It's not JUST race...

Just curious...does anyone else think that maybe these guys have had enough of being TV stars, and maybe the fallout from the patriarch's comments is exactly the spark they need to get out of their contract with A & E? I know I certainly wouldn't want my life under a microscope 24/7, scripted or not. I doubt they need the money at this point.

They allude to their eventual exit from the tv circus and the strains of 24/7 attention in the article actualy so I don't think that idea is far off. Maybe wasn't planned but deffinetly it was expected to happen at some point.

I tried to pm for pics last time. I didn't even start it, just asked him and Elmo a very simple question. And the dude threatens to rip me apart? Really?

And you do sound like a whiney little bit@h here and maybe a little prejudice with your other comment Edited by Paula
  • Like 1

This is way better than a reality show... just like a nasty train wreck you can't take your eyes off.. lol ... NJ Shores, The Kardashians, and Housewives of New York all rolled into one!! Who wants to be Snooky???

You forgot Mob Wives !  They have to be the ugliest women I've ever seen !  I'm sure the hubby's are happy to be behind bars !

• Like 1

You forgot Mob Wives !  They have to be the ugliest women I've ever seen !  I'm sure the hubby's are happy to be behind bars !

You wouldn't be so free to say that if Big Angie was next to you.  LOL

My girlfriend met her in person and she is a bit on the rough side. :fie:

• Like 1