Nice Tom and never made a call.

mpavlus

This bird gobbled to my owl hoot the night before so I knew where he was just in from the corner in the field. I hunted that spot in the fall so knew where I could sit. Put my decoys together in the field and placed them edge of the woods. Tip toed to my tree and was sitting at 4:20am. He was here somewhere. So closed my eyes and waited. When he gobbled he woke me up. I couldn't see him because the brim of my hat  was in the way. He was in a tree 15 yards in front me. Fortunately my gun was in my lap. He gobbled for 20 minutes or so. Suddenly he was getting nervous and looking straight down. He spotted my decoys. I thought he was going to hit the ground running because I was there. When he pitched off the limb he flew right over my head, I swung the gun. He landed right next the decoys, turned and challenged the Jake with a full strut, I smiled. Every hunt is different. I'll never forget that one.

post-5109-0-35718800-1400012856_thumb.jp

• Like 9