25 plus guns for sale!!

All,

I will be spending hours with my godfather either friday afternoon or saturday morning, we will take pics of everything that will come with guns, ammo, scope, box, etc and have pricing for all.  It will all be up shortly after.  Can anyone confirm that make 100 percent confirmation that all these transactions will have to made thru an place with an FLL, i am hearing mixed responses from people.  

and, I would be careful if someone you don't know attempts to set up a deal without doing it by the book.......you never know who's trolling the internet looking for people looking to sell guns.........have you looked into gunbroker? 

To be clear however, you can sell face to face to a NYS resident if you both go to an FFL to conduct the transaction (so the background check can be made before transfer of the firearm).  Selling to anyone from out of state requires that you ship the gun to the FFL of their choosing in their state.

• Like 1

Effin pig! Probably a sting operation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt that, but it's possible, however "he's the seller". Does anyone know how much liability falls on the buyer? I imagine more is on the seller.

Anyhow, I bet that because this is for his grandfather, and he has a life, it's probably going to be a long process (especially in NY) to catalog, research values and get all the paperwork and photos together.

• Like 1

It's pretty overwelming trying to sell that many guns either on the net or FTF these days. I've done it before for an estate and only sold FTF as it was before I was such an internet geek. Grins

IIRC I had just under 30 long guns to move to help liquidate the estate. It was a giant PIA but I got it all done and everybody was satisfied in the deal. I did it gratis and was the only one with a bad taste in their mouth at the end.

Trust me, it sucks.........

Good luck to the OP.

Wish he had his ducks in a row before starting this thread... The suspense is killing me...LOL!

One time I was walking out of Gander Mountain and I saw two guys in the vestibule pushing two shopping carts full of guns.  I said, "woa, what's the scoop"?  Turns out a buddy died and his wife said take them and liquidate them.

Since they were already in the store there was not much I could do but shake my head and wonder.........

I hope that the OP hasn't traveled the same path. :fie:

The owner really wanted to sell the entire collection for the very reasons you mentioned Law.  I told him my brother and I may be interested.  He was going to put together photos and info, but we haven't heard from him since memorial day.  Not sure if he changed his mind.

The owner really wanted to sell the entire collection for the very reasons you mentioned Law.  I told him my brother and I may be interested.  He was going to put together photos and info, but we haven't heard from him since memorial day.  Not sure if he changed his mind.

Interesting........