25 plus guns for sale!!

Guys,

I am selling all these guns for my godfather as he is now 70 and has no use for all of them and needs a little cash to survive on.  Some of them are new in the box some are used but in excellent condition most come with scopes, have ammo as well in original boxes for all firearms, all in excellent condition as you all know how these old timers take care of there firearms.  I have attached a list of the guns, pictures will be available upon request as there are just too many to take pictures of and this is only half of the list.  All are located in westchester county new york.  If you have interest in any of them please PM me and i will get you some pictures and details on cost and what will come with the firearms.  Just trying to help him out as well as being my first post for this forum that I read frequently.

Thank you, 

Steven B.

post-4751-0-00624600-1400595004_thumb.jp

I haven't asked him specifically who will help with that but hes an old ginny with a lot of friends in the right places and there are 20 plus shops within a 20 mile radius, someone will do it for the right price, we will worry about that.

Prices? How much for all of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we were talking he was saying something like 15-20k for the lot with ammo im talking original boxes you see at shows and online selling for 80/box, if you are seriously interested i will get pictures of everything.  Hes been building this for over 50 years.  If your in long island maybe we could arrange a meeting to see in person over the weekend if your that serious. 

Definitely the nicest collection of guns ever put up for sale on this site.  Probably worth the $15-20K for all of them together, although I don't think you will find too many out there willing to buy them all from you.  Kind of feel sorry for your godfather, if he needs the money.  Guns in general are a lousy investment, and the $15-20K, if he gets it, won't exactly go very far these days.

Edited by steve863

Definitely the nicest collection of guns ever put up for sale on this site.  Probably worth the $15-20K for all of them together, although I don't think you will find too many out there willing to buy them all from you.  Kind of feel sorry for your godfather, if he needs the money.  Guns in general are a lousy investment, and the $15-20K, if he gets it, won't exactly go very far these days.

Thanks Steve it is truly an amazing collection and that is not even half of them he has a whole bunch of older military issued firearms dating to WW1 as well.  I wouldn't go as far as to say he desperately NEEDS the money but obviously it will help him out, 50 years ago it started with one gun next thing you know there's 70 plus, doesn't always start out as an investment but more of an obsession. 

If he has some military issued guns, you really should look into another means of sale for those, I got rid of a few on gunbroker and it's all about finding the right person who really knows what they're looking at and the true value of it and you'll get top dollar......especially if you're in no rush to sell.

Thanks Steve it is truly an amazing collection and that is not even half of them he has a whole bunch of older military issued firearms dating to WW1 as well.  I wouldn't go as far as to say he desperately NEEDS the money but obviously it will help him out, 50 years ago it started with one gun next thing you know there's 70 plus, doesn't always start out as an investment but more of an obsession. 

The problem with selling items like guns, is that you will have 100 guys trying to low-ball you, before you get one who is willing to give you anything close to what you want for it.  Multiply this by the amount of guns your godfather has, and it becomes a ROYAL pain in the a$$ to sell them.  I know that I will never sell my guns, whether I use them or not.  Even if I got top dollar for them, how much would that really help me?  My kids can have them once I check out, and if they don't want them, they could dispose of them any way they want.  I surely won't worry about it now, and most certainly won't be worrying about it then.  LOL

The problem with selling items like guns, is that you will have 100 guys trying to low-ball you, before you get one who is willing to give you anything close to what you want for it.  Multiply this by the amount of guns your godfather has, and it becomes a ROYAL pain in the a$$ to sell them.  I know that I will never sell my guns, whether I use them or not.  Even if I got top dollar for them, how much would that really help me?  My kids can have them once I check out, and if they don't want them, they could dispose of them any way they want.  I surely won't worry about it now, and most certainly won't be worrying about it then.  LOL

that's why I sold a few rarer ones on gunbroker, put them on the site for what you want and let them sell themselves..........no talking to anyone till the sale is final.

If he has some military issued guns, you really should look into another means of sale for those, I got rid of a few on gunbroker and it's all about finding the right person who really knows what they're looking at and the true value of it and you'll get top dollar......especially if you're in no rush to sell.

PS....be very careful about what you are actually selling when it comes to the "military" style. times have changed.

Not everyone is up on the latest gun laws, but a recent one by Cuomo now forces the sale of long guns to go through an FFl for transfer.  This wasn't the law before the safe act.  I will mention this on the LI firearms website.  Most of those guns are desirable, so there will be some interest.

Any gun sale to an out of state resident has always required an FFL transfer and a NICS check on the buyers end.  If I were you, I would go to www.gunbroker.com and list them there.  I'm sure you will get a better price for each one of them there and will have a lot less hassle and phone time with people who won't buy one of them.  Plus, the BUYER pays the shipping, insurance and FFL transfer fees.  Gunbroker's fees are a pittance, especially when you will get top dollar for each of them on there.  Just start the bidding at the minimum price you will sell it for, and then watch the buyers bid even more.  As the seller, you will not need an FFL on your end to ship a gun via UPS to the buyers FFL.  The guns are easily shipped out of any UPS hub location to the FFL the buyer is using on his end.

List them there and tell everyone here they are on there.  Online, you will get thousands of people looking at them, whereas on here, or in person, maybe 100 if you're lucky.

BTW, guns are never a bad investment when you buy a quality firearm.  They never go down in value, only up.  Personally, I'm curious about the Parker and Colt doubles myself.

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1

You'd be surprised how many look at this site for guns. I sold 2 guns to people through this site. Both buyers had 0 posts and were lurkers from far away states

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

To All,

I really want to thank all of you for all your interest, i truly did not expect all the interest so fast lol.  Its a lot to process and im trying to cater to everyone so i am going to just get pics of everything and upload them all on friday night.  I have a running list in my pocket of which ones to prioritize, sorry for the disappointment of taking so long to get the pics its just not easy working 12 hour days in the city.  But I will get them to you all before the weekend.  

Thanks,

Steve B 

• Like 1