the tide is turning

Nonsense. The real lack of credibility lies with you guys, asking folk to jump through the same tattered, tired and failing hoops one more time. You want change, you better start thinking outside the box.

That is the final word on the issue and all talk of honor and 'fighting the good fight' in a rigged battle field is nothing more than hollow platitudes.No more looking backward to ancient battles. Time to look forward with a new vision. The old one has run is it's last race and needs to be put out to pasture.

But you have no vision other than to run away and hide. Who can put any stock in someone's words who maintains that kind of attitude as their guide in life? I'm sorry, but you have exposed yourself as a quitter. I don't deal with quitters.

Just an example here.

I attended two parties this past Memorial Day weekend. In both cases I spent more time talking to the naysayers than to the people who might actually change their minds on how they vote if they were a bit more informed. Debating with folks who have already decided to vote against Cuomo and have done so in the past, but want to tell me why they think it's a lost cause to support any campaign against him?

There's your defeatist attitude in a nutshell.

"Yeah I'll go along, but I'm not going to work for it".

Really?  I have been talking about the track record of conservative politics for some time now. Did you miss that ?

In case you missed the memo. Any political campaign based on constitutional ideals is within the parameters of conservative political practice and thought. If you don't understand that , well....nuff said.

You Have been talking politics... but the fight has little to do with politics and everything to do with keeping the people informed about the truth... Yup enough said... you are stuck on run and hide... that mentality is how things got this far in the first place... complacency and apathy?... good plan.

There are plenty of people who have distorted views of politics and the world on this forum.  Papist and VJP surely don't have the upper hand on anyone here, however.  From all I have read, those two are by far the biggest loones.  They talk down to everyone and consider everyone else stupid, while they think that they are the smartest ones walking on this planet.  All they do is bitch and say "I told you so", yet can't come up with one bloody solution when someone asks them to.  Yeah, that's credibility.  LOL

• Like 1

Ha-ha .... I think everything that can be said about our two resident haters of the American system has already been correctly stated. Now it is time to get back to the real issue at hand and ignore these defeatist quitters. They have monopolized enough time and have tried to distract and disrupt the efforts of those that are serious about straightening up the gun situation in NY as opposed to the fringe elements looking to run away from it.

By the way, getting back to the "Tide Turning" topic, for all those that think that we stand alone, I was just reading in the paper that we have some new allies ..... and from a very strange area of the voting public. It turns out that the "Working Families Party", a bunch of pinko libs, are feeling now that Cuomo isn't liberal enough to suit them (imagine that if you can!) They are thinking of running a candidate against him. That move alone could cut Cuomo's lead over Astorino in half. The green party nominee said he would volunteer to run on the Working Families Party if asked. It kind of puts me in mind of that saying that "politics makes strange bed-fellows". So while some are throwing in the towel, the political front is in motion and the game ain't over until the fat lady sings. Of course if the "negative ninny's" get their way, they will pull as many gun owners away from participating on our side of the election as possible and keep things looking rosy for Cuomo. I guess that's just an anchor that we have to drag along this year.

So, what is the point of the countless threads about the government overstepping its bounds that you have started ? Pap?

Honestly? It is all about arrogance and a need to feel self-importance. It's an interesting picture of personality defect that they have been constructing in this forum. There really is no point to all the delusional nonsense that either of them are spewing. There has been not one positive comment or notion of solution simply because they are both devoid of any useful ideas, and solutions aren't really necessary to their needs. These guys really think that the world needs them that they alone can see evils that no one else can. This is the nonsense that feeds their egos and basically gives them the feeling of some small purpose in life, even though it is all based on paranoia and self-service. They would be truly comical if it weren't for the fact that they actually take themselves seriously. That fact makes them simply pathetic. So they are social anomalies that probably get a whole lot more attention than they should, but they are just another extreme version of the variety of personalities that you will find on internet forums. 

Actually there is a point.  It is exactly what Coumo wants for us to bicker among ourselves.  They are playing the part well.   Driving people on the fence away from getting out to do something about it.   They are part of the left doing their part to infiltrate and divide and conquer.  It is easy to see.  

Actually there is a point. It is exactly what Coumo wants for us to bicker among ourselves. They are playing the part well. Driving people on the fence away from getting out to do something about it. They are part of the left doing their part to infiltrate and divide and conquer. It is easy to see.

Get over yourself, Cuomo doesn't give two shits about the NY gun owner. If he thought for a minute the SAFE act was a loser politically he never would have signed it. Your not even a blip on his radar. Edited by Trial153

You are quite the Cuomo representative. But after a while I realize arguing with a fool only drags me down to your level and you will win by experience. So therefore I refuse to give you a stage for your rhetoric and babble.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Actually I see many more likes for my posts than  yours.  As a mental health professional for many years I understand that the delusional stuff you post in your world is true.  I also understand why you do not seek treatment. If you do, you beloved leader in Albany will want to take away your guns if you really own any (which I doubt they let you have now).  As long as you are happy in your own little world, so be it.  But your silly posts where you are trying to be so profound are quite silly at best and scary at worst.  You are just showing it over and over.  You are like the crazy uncle no one wants to sit next to at Thanksgiving. Now you know why you have your own table.   Oh well I can not fix you so good luck.  

I see we have gathered a few extra defeatist quitters in my absence... still trying like hell to convince the group that waving the white flag is the way to go... yep.. that ought to teach 'em... First they tell us how bad the politics is, then how stupid the people are, then how smart they are for figuring out how bad and stupid everyone is... then tell us how important it is to do nothing about any of it. Now there is a plan!!

Edited by nyantler
  • Like 2