What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

This was what I had for lunch...

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20161024%2F7f5f27684fbc3005d1e8b828e0b71592.jpg&key=f91ca938d4cb16b9bebf3c3ebd18c8d5cddd08868a94f9e70c235f4a09ed4c95

And this is what I'll be having in a few minutes after it's given time to rest.

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20161024%2F4604a0751728acd3e80e8da2ca06370e.jpg&key=edbd062307208dc3bb95662619377aedf574dfd9d707ff2ec0404c257de64128

Meat curtesy of Elmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep forgetting how close you and Elmo live to me... if I am at camp and you guys ever need help processing you are more than welcome to stop by..... if it's during the week. I have a buddies place In westchester we can use

• Like 2

I keep forgetting how close you and Elmo live to me... if I am at camp and you guys ever need help processing you are more than welcome to stop by..... if it's during the week. I have a buddies place In westchester we can use

Biz this goes for you too.. I'm in your neck of the woods almost every week day

8 minutes ago, Paula said:

Do you know where it goes when you donate it?

Great question!  I could see some needy people in rural areas wanting to eat venison, but in places like Westchester or Long Island I am having a hard time figuring out who would want it?  Just because they are poor don't mean they will want something as unfamiliar to them as venison.  If you think beggars can't be picky I've got some news for you. 

• Like 1

Thx. We usually use Amatos. We Keep the backstraps and donate the rest.

I used to use them too, they do a ok job I guess. If you are only keeping the straps I get it. My question is why not take the inside loins as well they are better then the straps... and you can get some great steaks out of the hinds as well.... just not the way Amatos cuts them..

Do you put your own value on the deer....or is there a set standard value??

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Haven't done since in 2012. Honestly, don't remember. Maybe I did it by $/lb or something.

50 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

I used to use them too, they do a ok job I guess. If you are only keeping the straps I get it. My question is why not take the inside loins as well they are better then the straps... and you can get some great steaks out of the hinds as well.... just not the way Amatos cuts them..

i have to say i was happy with the doe i got this year processed at amatos, the packaging and cuts themselves where far better than the previous 2 years, maybe they have a new butcher.  id love to process myself but i dont have the room at my current place.  

i have to say i was happy with the doe i got this year processed at amatos, the packaging and cuts themselves where far better than the previous 2 years, maybe they have a new butcher.  id love to process myself but i dont have the room at my current place.  

How was the packing better and the cuts better what was different

52 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

How was the packing better and the cuts better what was different

the overall quality of the packaging was much better than previous years i received and it looks like more care was taken with the meat less silver skin and fat.  its my 4th deer being butchered their over 3 years and it is 5x better than previous years, i said to myself if this last one was as shitty as the last 3 i will never use them again.  

5 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Burger with goat cheese and Franks sweet chili sauce 6aae52f1c48a7edb16f8ab2e6e7bea9c.jpg

I love that Franks sweet chili sauce. We were discussing hot peppers today at work and I prefer a sweet hot rather than burn your throat and stomach HOT. My neighbor gave me some hot peppers and I re gifted them to a guy at work as he loves hot stuff. Gave him a Reaper, Peach Ghost, Joloka(sp) and a Scorpion. All sound wayyy too hot for me. 

First day felt like actually cooking this week. Fried smoked sausage, fried potatoes+green onions+mushrooms, topped with the green onion tops, homemade honey mustard sauce, steamed corn, and brussels sprouts fried in EVO with cracked black pepper and garlic powder.

smokedssgnadog.jpg

• Like 2