What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Did you do anything to prepare the bluefish, like brine it, or soak it in lemon juice?

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Nope. I actually enjoy the "fishy" taste. I always eat my fish fillets without tartar sauce.

I followed this recipe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then what is it

Back straps...... if you were comparing to a piece of beef the backstraps on a dear make up the ribeye and the NY strip... tenderloin is from the inside of the deer. They are two little muscles that you will see just above the pelvis when you remove the stomach

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Back straps...... if you were comparing to a piece of beef the backstraps on a dear make up the ribeye and the NY strip... tenderloin is from the inside of the deer. They are two little muscles that you will see just above the pelvis when you remove the stomach

Ok so maybe I did get back straps, I thought the processor kept them.  So I wonder where the loins were?  You can see my frustration tho and see why I want to learn to process my own deer. That meat pictures was labeled from my processor 1/3 loin.   

Ok so maybe I did get back straps, I thought the processor kept them.  So I wonder where the loins were?  You can see my frustration tho and see why I want to learn to process my own deer. That meat pictures was labeled from my processor 1/3 loin.   

Ok those are loins but they are not tenderloin.... tenderloin is the filet mignon...... btw I used a processor last week because I had to. It was the first time I have in years... and I never will again. I didn't get back half of what I should have and the tenderloins weren't even there............. I will offer this to anyone within two hours drive of Monticello NY.... if you shoot a deer and can wait to have it butchered and have the space to do so... I will come teach you..... anyone is also welcome to drive to me and I will teach at my place as well

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

This is actually a serious offer i hope someone takes me
Up on it

crap I'm 3 hours 49 minutes.  I've had a few others on this site reach out to me to teach me and I'm very grateful for that.  Now I just have to get a deer.  

Chef, I wish you were two or three hours closer I would take you up in it.  

I do use a processor, he does an excellent job, the meat is very clean, and vacuum packed.  But I would like to have some more knowledge of how and where a particular cut comes from.  

The tenderloins are easy to remove, so I don't send a deer to him without removing them first.  They are usually cooked off ans eaten well before he is done with the rest of the deer.  The heart too!