What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

18 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I eat a lot of grilled chicken. Several nights a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too.. At least twice a week. Skinless breasts Grilled or broiled. A lot of flavor options …...Good stuff. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shawnhu said:

That's a HUGE tenderloin!

Considering how new I am to this maybe it's not tenderloin?  Processor package said 1/3 loin. I don't care if it came from the loin or not it was very tender. Tops the list of my venison cooking career.  I brought snacks for the night too but am too full. 

• Like 2

Giving my spot a rest today so I did some hot wings and just put hot Italian sausage, peppers, and onions in the oven. Best I could come up with today for tailgate fare actually getting to watch the Bills game!

Yeah, about those wings....These are HOT! The g/f tried one and got instant sniffles, eye water, and the hiccups. :nyam:

tailgatefood1.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/9/2016 at 1:13 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Have a pretty eclectic palate and you stumped me with this. Had to look it up. Whole pigs leg with great soy, sauce, fish sauce , garlic etc. Sounds good. Is meat more to that of ham or pork chop ?

it's not the whole leg.  It's just the knuckle right pass the hooves.  What little meat is left if more equivalent to a shoulder roast.  The main part of this dish is the skin which is fried to a crisp that you can bend a piece and it'll snap off and you eat it as if it's pork rind.  It's more of an appetizer/snack.  They pick the knuckle because it's filled with so much tendon but not a lot of fat so the tendon gives you the texture and taste of pork fat without the cholesterol.  They give you a dipping sauce on the side but I never use it.

• Like 1

TF - you are one heck of a chef (as are some others here).  Every night looks like a time consuming meal to cook.  Living the good life!

I can't take all the credit. The Mrs is outstanding and we share cooking duties. But I am currently making red sauce for dinner later.

• Like 2

I can't take all the credit. The Mrs is outstanding and we share cooking duties. But I am currently making red sauce for dinner later.

Here she is. Homemade red sauce Add a good dose of crushed red pepper and good dose of sugar , hot and sweet. Boiled up some cheese tortellini 0bb7a93f226c4c064c9048e9b6a99331.jpg Little shredded Parmesan cheese.