philoshop

What's for dinner tonight?

On 10/18/2017 at 5:13 PM, GreeneHunter said:

Just finished a Venison Backstrap and small Venison Steak-n-onions from my first bow kill yesterday and a bowl of Chicken Tortellini Soup !

BackStrap.jpg

First bow-kill ever, or first for the year? It's a small difference, but you never forget your first ever. Looks very tasty either way.

"It's fun to win elections." -- Bill Whittle

23 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Venison stew meat sautéed mushrooms and garlic cloves with some rice and green beans. Gonna throw it in some beef stock and have a soup/stew. This is what I like to refer to as a left overs dinner. Just trying to use things up before they go bad. fdefe1b76d6f4cf7cb1c4425a0406ac4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Grandmother would serve something similar on the farm on Friday nights. Either a casserole or a pot-pie setup. Everything leftover from the week went into it so you knew it would be good one way or the other. I worked really hard with my brothers and cousins on that farm, but we were like a horde of locusts at mealtime. I don't know how they made any money after feeding us, but being Italian, feeding us was what mattered.

• Like 1

"It's fun to win elections." -- Bill Whittle

My Grandmother would serve something similar on the farm on Friday nights. Either a casserole or a pot-pie setup. Everything leftover from the week went into it so you knew it would be good one way or the other. I worked really hard with my brothers and cousins on that farm, but we were like a horde of locusts at mealtime. I don't know how they made any money after feeding us, but being Italian, feeding us was what mattered.

I hate throwing food out. I’ll figure out one way or another how to repurpose it into another meal.

I know people that refuse to eat leftovers and waste so much food and money it’s a shame.

• Like 1

I'm salivating in the parking lot, waiting for my kids to finish up their sport activities.  As soon as I get home, venison backstrap wrapped with Apple wood bacon and smoked with some apple wood in the smoker.  More to follow...

• Like 2

I'm salivating in the parking lot, waiting for my kids to finish up their sport activities.  As soon as I get home, venison backstrap wrapped with Apple wood bacon and smoked with some apple wood in the smoker.  More to follow...

Pics !

Here we go, it's late but that just means I'm hungrier. Apple wood bacon smoked backstrap over some moderate apple smoke.  Cooked to internal temp of 135.

20171019_200220.jpg

20171019_201128.jpg

20171019_211608.jpg

20171019_211907.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Taylormike, you'll break the web with stuff like that ! Looking great

Lol, thanks bud!  

18 hours ago, philoshop said:

First bow-kill ever, or first for the year? It's a small difference, but you never forget your first ever. Looks very tasty either way.

First Bow kill EVER .... Over 40 years hunting but never killed anything with  Bow until Tuesday !

• Like 4

Answer to No One !