Wife and hunting

Borngeechee

I live in downtown troy and before I bought a tripod for hanging deer I used to skin and quarter them in the bathtub. it would look like a murder scene but you gotta do what you gotta do. I have pics but they are pretty brutal

Not like any of us haven't seen a butchered deer before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born

I found this old thread for you.  It's a good article, written by the wife of a hunter, who is very happy about it, mainly for what it offers for their children.

Maybe you can print it out for her to read.  It may be a good place to start.

http://goodmenprojec...ter 07/16/2014)

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1

If my wife gave me any problems with hunting it would be over.  I know people that there wives give them such a hard time they gave it up and now there miserable and the only fun they have is they took up golfing once a week on a sat when you have to wait 15 minutes at every hole.  Life is way to short............

If my wife gave me any problems with hunting it would be over. I know people that there wives give them such a hard time they gave it up and now there miserable and the only fun they have is they took up golfing once a week on a sat when you have to wait 15 minutes at every hole. Life is way to short............

There are different levels of devotion to hunting. The hardcore and weekend hunter have different priorities. And losing the one they love might not be worse than losing hunting. Others, like myself look at the principal of it. Having my wife tell me I cannot do something I love and am very passionate about wouldn't feel like she cared about my likes and interests.

There is also the deer camp hunter who may be more interested in getting away and getting loaded. I can understand a wife being against that, although i think a healthy marriage needs that time apart.

Most importantly we shouldn't judge others who may value and weigh hunting differently than we do ourselves.

Edited by Belo

My wife doesn't hunt but is a farm girl and has seen everything from chickens to venison butchered for dinner so she loves that I hunt....that's the easy part.....telling her I need to keep all the motorcycles I have that's a hard time....but she knows I love them as much as hunting or trapping so I get to keep them lol....

If my wife gave me any problems with hunting it would be over.  I know people that there wives give them such a hard time they gave it up and now there miserable and the only fun they have is they took up golfing once a week on a sat when you have to wait 15 minutes at every hole.  Life is way to short............

I look at it this way....spouses are never going to be 100% happy, no matter what. Sure, I get grief about the money & time I spend in the woods, as well as comments about the managerie gracing the walls of my home. Does she get over it? Sure, eventually. Lots of things Mrs. does get on my nerves too. I'm not interested in hanging out with her & the ladies from church, or going shopping, mine has no interest in getting up at the crack of dawn to climb a tree or chase turkeys.

I'm not a professional guide, so hunting & fishing are a hobby. There's more to a marriage than spending 24/7 together, joined at the hip. Maybe it's the old-school environment I was brought up in, but we've got 25 years, and neither is going anywhere. Works fine for us. :clapping:

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 2

Just as long as the wife can accept our hunting, that's all that really matters.  She need not love it, nor should we be upset if she doesn't want to hunt.  I for one am happy that she doesn't hunt.  Would only complicate things in my honest opinion.  Without her I don't hear any complaining from anyone about anything.  If she was with me I'm sure she'd find something to complain about.  And my wife isn't even a big complainer about many things at all, but as we all know, it don't take women too long to find something to complain about. LOL

Us hunters should also understand, that a wife and family should be put BEFORE hunting.  We should expect some understanding from their end, BUT if hunting is always put first and they a distance second, then things surely won't work and they have every right to let us know about it.

• Like 2

You could take care of your baby while she hunts

Which means I'm not hunting.  That's why I like it better that she doesn't hunt.  So far our arrangement is that I get one day out of the weekend to hunt and she gets the other day to do her own stuff while I watch the baby but she chooses to use her "free" day to spend time with me and the baby.  Win-win for me.  :D

• Like 1

I can never get over the guys who have wives that don't have issues with their hunting, but are still upset that the wife don't want to hunt with them.  I can assure them that it's a blessing.  Why the hell get upset over someone not wanting to participate in something you participate in, if she doesn't have a problem with YOU participating in it?  You've got the best of both worlds then.   There may be a few women on this forum who are hunters, but statistically there are not many women that hunt.  In general it is not something most women care to participate in, and I don't see the stats getting too much better on that front.  Heck, we can't even get young males interested in it anymore, so why should we expect women to get into hunting?

• Like 1

You never know about some of the girls.  I have a daughter who plays Big Game Hunter and makes some really good shots on it.  On the flip side, she won't even gut out pumpkin to carve it - grossed out by it.  Put a cooked pheasant on the table, you better quick to get some or she will eat all of it.  And she is my pickiest eater.

If the other one could stay quiet, may have a chance to take that one out.  She was good at spotting fossils on a fossil hunt.  She found one first and she was only 3-4 years old at at the time.  She would make a good tracker.

My wife claims she will keep me company on turkey hunt one day, just to get away and see what it is like.  So far, she either gets called in to work, or has something for else scheduled.