need help with shooting

tommyc50

i cant hit the side of a barn w/ my bow dont know if its the bow or me  bought a new releace shoots to the right myold releace i shoot tothe left dont know what else i can do buy a new bow[2008 pse deer hunter set @ 60 lbs] idont know if im moving when i shoot im not punching the releace iknow that but maybe im moving my bow hand  when i shoot i think its the peep sight cant get a good site picture some times any advice would be appreicated

Sounds like with the new release you are having a tough time replicating your anchor.  Peep may need to move to be consistent and have the proper view.  Try drawing the bow with eyes closed and anchor.  Then open your eyes.  Is the peep lined up with the sight and your eye?  If not, peep adjustments must be made.  You may also want to go back to your old release if the new one isn't working well.

• Like 2

like I said, probably a form issue. Proline does a good job, it its recently tuned then it may not be the bow.

take a smartphone and have someone record you shooting from a few angles. if your comfortable maybe post it up, someone would probably be better able to help then.

if not take it back to Proline and have them watch you shoot.

• Like 1

i went to the range it was my form yesterdayi was too tense today the guy at the range said shoot first then if your still having a probem ill look at it shot bad atfirst then started to relax and grouped finally relised i wasmoving my arm also wasn't drawing the bow all the way i got a couple of bullseyes mainly group to the rigght but i can move the sight its a start atlest im grouping thank you everyone been most helpful

• Like 1

I.age with what.moog said close your eyes draw the bow back.open.your eyes if you.cant.see clearly.have the Peep fixed every year when I start practicing with my bow I do.this the first few times a shoot it helps me with my form and any target panic. Good luck

• Like 1

Many good replies here.  Filming or having someone watch your form.  Peep alignment and anchor point consistency. 

Shoot at a blank target it helps with form.  Draw with eyes closed and see if peep is perfect. 

Ask the bow shop to add a kisser on the string, sometimes this extra anchor point adds to consistency. 

Make sure you are not over bowed or are shooting too many arrows, both can lead to bad form. 

When you shoot, hold your form like someone is taking your picture and try to use back tension regardless of release type. 

Follow through, VIP 

I use steps to shoot.

1 Knock arrow raise arrow rest, estimate range

2 Full draw with peep perfect

3 Get target in view

4 Pick a pin for aiming and zero in

5 Use back tension to fire release holding form after shot (Follow through)

Good luck, hope some of this helps and you get it resolved. 

Some great advice on here. If you cant shoot consistent groups, no matter where on the target, its something to do with your form.

If your constantly grouping say low and left (or wherever) of bullsyeye, and you cant correct it by moving your sight, it could be your rest, nock point, etc, something a good proshop could fix.