zip , zero,nada....

growalot

Not a single buck sighting in 2 weeks...no buttons spikes  racks of any kind...though the doe are every where....the night shooting has slowed down...Farmer heavy sprayed manure about 3weeks ago...the doe are just coming back to the fields this past week. I'm really hoping they are all living in the corn...but most of that is a mile and more away....moved all cams around hoping it's just spots...but they aren't in the feild at night either.

I did put up a new stand right in a group of heavily loaded apples....these guys showed up on the 12th and that's the last rack I have seen. anywhere... Hoping warm weather has them laying low...Ohh yesterday I did find my first tiny rub...

Edited by growalot

Seems like a common theme! I was getting pics of ~10 bucks very regularly in the area all summer. For the past 2-3 weeks.... POOF...GONE! The crops (corn and apple orchards) surrounding my place has just started to ripen recently, so I was expecting activity to pick up. NO oaks anywhere in my area! Have 6 cams scattered, but have only gotten pics of a couple of scrub bucks for the past 2-3 weeks. Once they start lookin' for love, some of the better bucks will start filtering through.

Edited by Cabin Fever

We pulled. 5 of the 11 camera cards yesterday (forgot the keys for the other ones) with similar results as everyone else. We went from 200+ pics a card down to 60's. We did have one weird picture of 5 bucks all together by the pear trees though.

Grow, I was in a similar situation last year during early bow season. My sightings were way down and I thought either I had somehow contaminated my areas, or I had some other hunters I didn't know about.

About a mile away, there was one big field  of standing corn, and I thought maybe the deer were holding in there to bulk up and for security. As soon as the farmer starting picking the corn with a combine,the very next day, my sightings went back to normal. Good chance this is what you are going through. I don't know about your area, but my spots have minimal apples and they have dropped early, and the oak dropped most of their acorns already.

I would tend to think they found a sweet spot with good food and are trying to fatten up.  Conserving energy by staying close to the food source.  This is another reason I tend to target doe, not to hunt but as bait.  One thing is for sure, if you have a good sized doe herd the bucks will return. 

One advantage of owning private property is you can choose to hunt it when conditions are good.  Not so easy with public land, it gets hunted daily regardless of conditions.  The keep out signs I post are not working, lol.

Pulled cards for the last time until mid Oct...I got one nice young 8pt 9 yards broad side of stand..was going to post pic,,but managed to some how delete it...dang pretty pic too :fool: ...anyways was going to say I hope the new neighbor sticks a tag on it early :whistle: lol...I'm not lacking for pics though...tons of turkey, doe fawn, fox, raccoon, and pygmy panther

manure sprayed fields are either a god send of a curse.

They are an instant funnel creator in some instances. In others...they make surrounded woodlots (ie sprayed fields all the way around) a freaking desert for deer.

Just for levity sake, I have tons of bucks at one parcel. More since the velvet coming off. Scrapes, rubs, sparring, attitude, you name it. 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5. Nothing earth shattering, but lots of activity there. Other parcels are more of a sit and wait it out until we hunt it to see the activity.

Edited by phade

The last pull from my cams were really down in buck sightings. Pulled the cards yesterday, after a 2 week soak, and it was like a light switch last week. Half the time on the cams, nothing, then the monsters started showing back up again. During the day and at night. Scrapes are opening up and food plots are getting hammered. Our brassica plots arent going to last till gun season at the rate they are hitting them now.