Political section? Why so quiet?

On 9/2/2023 at 12:02 AM, cas said:

Who wants to be angry all the time? Depressed all the time?

There's forums I stopped visiting all together and others I only visit occasionally because it's all doom and gloom all the time.   Even if it's accurate and true, I don't need it 24 hours a day.   Sort of like the reason people object so much to things like football players kneeling for the anthem. Because watching sports is escapism, to get away from things like that, only to have it forced on them again.  I visit certain forums for the same reason, momentary escapism. I don't need to be beaten over the head with sociopolitical aggravation everywhere I go. 

The beauty of this site is that none of  this is forced on anybody. You have to go out of your way to access any of the posts  here. You have to consciously click on this part of the site to be able to view any of it. Even the general site menu does not carry any mention of posts that appear in this section. So those who find this stuff offensive are actually going out of their way to be offended and they know it.                                                                                                                                 

• Like 7

Since a lot of political activity is a threat to hunting and firearm ownership, it behooves all sportsmen and outdoorsmen to stay informed about the latest political developments that threaten our favorite past time.

Escapism is natural, but as Plato warned us, "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs, is to be ruled by evil men."

Some things are intolerable, but necessary.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

it behooves all sportsmen and outdoorsmen to stay informed about the latest political developments that threaten our favorite past time.

I have never seen a more complacent group of people than those that enjoy and participate in the outdoor sports. I had one x member tell me this board is not the place for politics that have a direct relationship to the outdoors. If this is not the place to discuss such things where the hell do you discuss them. Some of these people stick their heads in the sand thinking all these crap laws are just going to go away, don't talk about it!

Of course many were closet Democrats and so called Independents and just can not stand to be reminded of what their voting is doing to this country, so just eliminate it.

As our freedoms keep crumbling away day by day they have no one to blame but themselves for not speaking up and doing something about it. Shhhhhhh! is their answer.

It is a fight! Grow a pair!!

Al

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/5/2023 at 8:28 AM, New York Hillbilly said:

I'm sitting here watching the news and wondering, where did everyone go?

With the country obviously under attack and falling apart at the seams right in front of our eyes, this section is virtually dead. Why don't we see endless posts here about how much better our lives are, how much safer our country is, how much brighter our children's future? 

My suspicion is; embarrassment and guilt for those who feel duped and responsible, and on the other side, paralyzing fear. 

I know, I know, it is a hunting site, Well, can anyone tell me what the hunting will be like if and when China takes over?  Think it can't happen? 

Get it together people, for the sake of our country! 

So here we are 3 months after my original post. Things getting better people? Are you all feeling safer? Still want to not talk about sad or depressing realities?

For those who fall in the let’s ignore it camp you can keep your head in the sand and scroll past this thread.  For those who are awake and honest I would ignore the recommendations from those to “not talk about it”.

With family gatherings this time of year for holidays like Thanksgiving, it is in my opinion the exact time to think and talk about where we are now, where we are headed, how we got here, and how to correct course if it is possible. As uncomfortable as it may be, I think the discomfort will pale in comparison to what we may face in the near future if we do not acknowledge the reality of what is going on in this country and the world as a whole. 

The unthinkable and unimaginable does happen, as current events and history has shown us. So I would urge people to think, imagine the possibilities,  and talk to each other at every opportunity.

Do not let masks real or imagined shut you up, or hatred cloud your judgement or guide your actions.   

We have so much more to lose than hunting. 

Better to speak up and risk having people not want to see or look at you in my opinion, than to remain quiet and not be able to look yourself in the mirror knowing we are on the doorstep of potentially losing it all.  

• Like 1

People are different.  Many are always vigilant, while others prefer escape from stress.  Many are proactive and many are reactive.  That's why politics is such an issue among people.  The people that want to be informed, aware and on guard, will always find resistance from those who chose to escape, avoid and deny what's happening.  So, you're best off identifying like-minded people and working with them and not wasting time on those that choose to ignore reality and stay out of the fight.

Eventually, as things get really bad, more people will choose to fight, but until then, they are insignificant to the cause.

Let them be happy in their escapism, because they will be just as angry as the rest of us when their escapism is no longer possible.  I just hope it isn't too late to fix it when that time comes.

The libtards, the non citizens, the democrats and closet democrats, the so called independents and libertarians (if you vote democrat you are a democrat) all migrated to the other board or just left.  Wonder if they are shooting their big trolling mouths off over there or are they laying low. Many were only here to troll the politics forum on this board and did little to no posting about anything else.

Pretty darn hard to argue for the shit show government mess and regulations they voted for as the country continues to go down the toilet.

The best part of this politics forum was to expose those who are against us, sorry but they are not our friends, the democrat party is stronghold to every and all organized groups against every activity on this board and a whole lot more!

Al

• Like 3

Yeah, it seems that the Dems can't even spin the Biden administration in anyway that even half-sounds believable or positive. That may be the problem with any political discussions on this site these days. There is no way to cover-up or defend the Biden fiasco  with new info every day on the Biden Crime Family and all the blunders in policy that looks for all the world like treasonous collusion with the Chinese and Iranians. There really is no counterpoint left for them to defend.

• Like 1

Anyone who tries to defend the cluster F the Biden administration is causing in the states and around the world has no seat at my table.

No one can be that stupid to create what's happening at the border's and around the globe, so it has to be intentionally done and that's unforgiveable.

The really sad part is that most of the Democrat voters are ok with it and think America is on the right track.

It's like living in an episode of the Twilight zone.

SJC

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2023 at 8:28 AM, New York Hillbilly said:

I'm sitting here watching the news and wondering, where did everyone go?

With the country obviously under attack and falling apart at the seams right in front of our eyes, this section is virtually dead. Why don't we see endless posts here about how much better our lives are, how much safer our country is, how much brighter our children's future? 

My suspicion is; embarrassment and guilt for those who feel duped and responsible, and on the other side, paralyzing fear. 

I know, I know, it is a hunting site, Well, can anyone tell me what the hunting will be like if and when China takes over?  Think it can't happen? 

Get it together people, for the sake of our country! 

Hell , I just found this posting. The problem is someone got offended on this site and took the political section out of the main heading listings.

I know WNYBuckethunter was trying to lighten the heated discussions in the political section.  I think the rational people that stayed with this forum, are able to discuss in that form. I for one, would like it to show back up in the main index again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Kinda Long ... Sorry ( from Fox News )

Here are 11 now familiar steps to civilizational destruction:

1. Wipe out a 2,000-mile border. 

Allow 10 million foreign nationals to enter unlawfully. Have no audit of any; nullify all federal immigration laws. Let in toxic drugs that kill 100,000 Americans a year. Give free support to those millions who broke the law. Smear any objectors as racists and xenophobes.

2. Run up $35 trillion in national debt. 

Keep adding $1 trillion to it each 100 days. Defame anyone wishing to cut wild spending as cruel and inhumane.

3. Appease or subsidize enemies like Iran and China. 

Demonize allies like Israel. Allow terrorists to attack Americans without adequate response. See Islam as either similar or superior to Christianity. Make amends to leftist governments for supposedly past toxic American international behavior. Follow the lead of international agencies like the U.N., ICC and WHO to atone for past American neocolonial and imperialist behavior. Recede to second-tier international status, befitting American decline.

4. In a multiracial democracy, redefine identity only as one’s tribal affiliation. 

Ensure each identity group rivals the other for victimhood and the state spoils it confers. Reboot all political issues by race and sex oppressors and oppressed. Destroy all meritocratic standards of admission, retention, promotion and commendation.

5. Recalibrate violent crime as understandable, cry-of-the-heart expressions of social justice. 

Ensure no bail and same-day release for arrested, repeat violent felons. Empathize with the violent killer and rapist; ignore their victims, especially if they are slain police officers.

6. Emasculate the military by using non-meritocratic standards of race, gender, and sexual orientation to determine promotion and commendation.

Deliberately impugn as racists and insurrectionists the largest demographic in the military who in recent wars died at twice their numbers in the population — so that they leave or never join the military. Encourage retired high officers to slander their commander-in-chief. Cut the defense budget. Stop producing sufficient weapons, but leave billions of dollars’ worth of arms to terrorists.

7. Reinvent the justice system to indict, bankrupt, convict, jail and eliminate political opponents. 

Use ballot removal, impeachment, civil suits, and state and federal indictments rather than elections to defeat an opponent. Mob the homes of non-compliant Supreme Court justices, and attack them personally by name.

8. Encourage the fusion of the bureaucratic state with the electronic media to form a powerful force for political audit, surveillance, censorship and coercion. 

Marry the FBI to Silicon Valley and hire its contractors to warp the news and hound supposed enemies of the people.

9. Make war on affordable gasoline and natural gas. 

Substitute inefficient, unreliable and expensive wind and solar power, even as energy prices nearly bankrupt the middle class.

10. Marry late, but preferably not at all. 

Consider males toxic, especially boys. Have no children, or as few as possible. Otherwise, assure children they are entitled, and must be sheltered.  Raise them to have grievances against past generations and current norms.

11. Turn world-class universities into indoctrination centers. 

Suspend the Bill of Rights on campuses. Train youth to graduate despising their own culture and civilization. Recruit foreign students from hostile nations to subsidize campus commissar bloat. Replace the curriculum with therapeutic propaganda. Ban the SAT/ACT and do not evaluate comparative high school GPAs. Ensure merit does not select the student body. Charge tuition higher than the rate of inflation. Bill the government when students default on their loans.

Edited by GreeneHunter
  • Like 4

Im currently debating a Libbie dude on the NJ forum who (Surprise!) has a dreadful case of TDS and believes the #1 issue this country faces is income inequality :taunt:!!

Doesnt matter WHEN ,WHERE OR WHAT time frame were talking about, some of these Lefties are SO classically trained and ideologically entrenched that the Chinese Army could be in the midst of launching an invasion-through our open souhtern border, nonetheless- and , literally, at their front door and they would say that, anyway!!  unbelieveable :lol:

• Like 4