Who's Goin out this weekend?

Northcountryman

Too busy, unfortunately, to make it up to our Hunting camp in the 'Cats this weekend , but gonna try to hunt in Jersey next week, if possible cuz its closer and more convenient right now.  One thing I notice about NJ Deer season is, first of all, its so damn short!! Only 6 days for firearm- are you kidding?? Also, the season opners on a Monday, which sucks IMHO (used to be that way in NY, too, of course,  though,but at least our state had the common sense to switch to a Saturday opener :lol:).

Will be after them every second available until the bell rings. Still have two of the three hit listers alive so will go all out to grab another. Those that say they don’t like “Hit Listers” either don’t have the gumption to go find a couple of the top of the class or have what it takes to take the best on one on one and let the chips fall where they will. Have no need to lower the standards and take a lesser buck. Have doe tags for that. Good luck to all headed to the end. 

IMG_7061.png

IMG_7060.png

IMG_7059.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Will be after them every second available until the bell rings. Still have two of the three hit listers alive so will go all out to grab another. Those that say they don’t like “Hit Listers” either don’t have the gumption to go find a couple of the top of the class or have what it takes to take the best on one on one and let the chips fall where they will. Have no need to lower the standards and take a lesser buck. Have doe tags for that. Good luck to all headed to the end. 

IMG_7061.png

IMG_7060.png

IMG_7059.png

Sometimes it comes down to access, some of us have time and will but no access to areas that hold true giants.

• Like 1

I may go out just to be in the woods as I still have my Buck tag but doubt very much I will be pulling the trigger, the one Deer I have taken is plenty for the wife and I to eat. 

But you never know and black powder is coming up, I ain't killed anything with a muzzleloader in some time.;)

Al

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Sometimes it comes down to access, some of us have time and will but no access to areas that hold true giants.

Access is only limited to what one wants to put into something. Every one of those hit listers make their living on state land open to anyone. You get out of something what one wants to put in. Most don’t have what it takes to follow thru. 

1 hour ago, genesee_mohican said:

Not sure, I have a family celebration in the afternoon tomorrow and it's forecast to rain most of Sunday. The following weekend looks free and good weather. 

Yeah taking this weekend off to run around up here to get the last of the corn combined and then I will be down to share your backyard the last couple weeks of the season.  Let’s hope for that cool down. 

Well despite the weather I saw deer. I caught a buck crossing the open field 400 yards away. Then a little while later 3 doe came out at the same spot. The lead doe the obviously bigger of the three went right into the woods while the other 2 hung back and fed. I really could not get a good sense of how big they where through the 3x9 scope so I didn't take a shot. 

• Like 1

I was out for a short hunt yesterday afternoon, would have had to have a nice Buck in my sights to pull the trigger, did not see a thing. I am hunting big woods and there is not a lot of Deer in this area so while I tried to take a Buck I played the cards I was dealt and ended up with a Doe pretty much near the end of the Nothern Zone season. I am really not much of a deer hunter these days but on occasion like some venison to eat so I at least got some meat in the freezer.

Al

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, airedale said:

I was out for a short hunt yesterday afternoon, would have had to have a nice Buck in my sights to pull the trigger, did not see a thing. I am hunting big woods and there is not a lot of Deer in this area so while I tried to take a Buck I played the cards I was dealt and ended up with a Doe pretty much near the end of the Nothern Zone season. I am really not much of a deer hunter these days but on occasion like some venison to eat so I at least got some meat in the freezer.

Al

Better than nuthin, Bud!! Congrats :D